The Accurate Reloading Forums
Norma 338 Lapua 300 Grain ammo

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8991022351/m/7841048122

07 July 2016, 07:33
Big Wonderful Wyoming
Norma 338 Lapua 300 Grain ammo
Rich,

Lets put it this way. You sell rifles that are complete systems, rifle, mount, ammo and scope. Why would you risk a second variable that could come up in heavy shot string, beyond the time you sold it?

We aren't talking about a factory rifle capable of Sub MOA or better accuracy for $450-1200.
07 July 2016, 07:42
Big Wonderful Wyoming
Looks like I was wrong. Gunwerks is fluting barrels.

Send the bad call bricks my way.
07 July 2016, 09:05
Idaho Sharpshooter
please keep us aware of new discoveries...
07 July 2016, 11:12
npd345
you guys are kidding right? The barrel being unscrewed by the torgue generated?

If there was that much resistance between the barrel and the bullet the barrel coming "unscrewed" would be the least of your worries!

Unless i saw this with my own eyes I will call BS on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by eddiel4:
Wyoming, I read your comment about the generated torque unscrewing the barrel. I wonder if the rifling twist shouldn't be reversed the other way so that it continually tightens instead? Just a thought...

It was a Barnard, but it isn't the first rifle I have heard about. A HS Precision rifle did the same thing to a friend and it was a 1 in 10 308 with a 26 inch barrel.

07 July 2016, 16:47
Big Wonderful Wyoming
quote:
Originally posted by npd345:
you guys are kidding right? The barrel being unscrewed by the torgue generated?

If there was that much resistance between the barrel and the bullet the barrel coming "unscrewed" would be the least of your worries!

Unless i saw this with my own eyes I will call BS on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by eddiel4:
Wyoming, I read your comment about the generated torque unscrewing the barrel. I wonder if the rifling twist shouldn't be reversed the other way so that it continually tightens instead? Just a thought...

It was a Barnard, but it isn't the first rifle I have heard about. A HS Precision rifle did the same thing to a friend and it was a 1 in 10 308 with a 26 inch barrel.

It was the second time I had heard of it. The HS on a rifle owned by an Aussie-Italian friend, and the 7.82 Warbird on that Barnard.

Rifle torque is a real thing.
15 July 2016, 18:32
Big Wonderful Wyoming
I received 2 boxes of 300 Grain, 2 boxes of 250 grain in the Norma, and 2 boxes of Hunting Shack 300 Grain Bergers.

I'll post a report, when the California government says I can pick up my rifle.

A lot of the guys on the TRG forum are not having good luck with Berger bullets.