The Accurate Reloading Forums
Bobcat

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/890104394/m/7711093012

23 April 2015, 12:28
rj61
Bobcat
Hi.
Bobcat is one of the cats that I still have on my list.
Who hunted bobcat and could help me with suggestions? I shot already a mountain lion; it would be just for bobcat.
It should be either with hounds or with a caller.(FoxPro?)
I saw some nice videos on youtube where they used callers for bobcat and it worked great.
I prefer them with a nice winter coat, so it should be in a State further north.

The price should be reasonable. I found places in Canada that take more than $5000 for a 5-day hunt or up to $7000 for a week.
Who of you US-hunters know where non-residents from Europe can hunt them?
Thanks for your help and take care Roger
23 April 2015, 16:42
p dog shooter
quote:
Originally posted by rj61:
Hi.
Bobcat is one of the cats that I still have on my list.
Who hunted bobcat and could help me with suggestions? I shot already a mountain lion; it would be just for bobcat.
It should be either with hounds or with a caller.(FoxPro?)

I saw some nice videos on youtube where they used callers for bobcat and it worked great.
I prefer them with a nice winter coat, so it should be in a State further north.

The price should be reasonable. I found places in Canada that take more than $5000 for a 5-day hunt or up to $7000 for a week.

Who of you US-hunters know where non-residents from Europe can hunt them?
Thanks for your help and take care Roger

I would like to take you on a winter bob cat hunt for cheap/free but it takes years to draw a cat tag here in Wisconsin.

Maybe go to some of the varmint hunting boards and ask bob cats in many states are Varmints and one can take many.
24 April 2015, 08:41
twilli
ANy outfitter in MT or WY that hunts lions will give you a chance at Bobcats. I have a contact here in MT for bobcats that has some great walker hounds. He is not an outfitter but I will give you his email address and maybe he can help you out. Let me know if you would like the information.

Tom
25 April 2015, 02:24
Live Oak
post this on Texas predator Posse
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/
I think there are some guided cheaper than noted here!
14 September 2016, 21:54
Atkinson
About any Texas deer stand in South Texas will get you a sack full of bobcats every morning. Also getcha another sack full of Javalina...Varmint hunting isn't that costly down there after or before deer season..I would say $100 per day or less...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com