The Accurate Reloading Forums
JM Marlin? could someone educate me?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8721043/m/5131068652

25 January 2020, 22:20
blackeyeddueler
JM Marlin? could someone educate me?
could someone educate me on the "JM" Marlin thing?

thanks
26 January 2020, 01:06
OLBIKER
JM is the trade mark of guns made under The John Marlin Company.It can be stamped on the upper left or right hand side of the barrel close to the receiver depending on when it was made.After Remington(actually Cerbus?) bought out Marlin they moved manufacturer to Ilion New York.It was a disaster as they did not keep any Marlin employees to run the machinery which was antiquated and you need a skill set to make it make a good product.The result was(is?)a substandard product .Many Marlin Aficionados will only buy a Marlin with the JM stamp on the barrel as they know the quality is good(me too).
26 January 2020, 02:49
blackeyeddueler
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
JM is the trade mark of guns made under The John Marlin Company.It can be stamped on the upper left or right hand side of the barrel close to the receiver depending on when it was made.After Remington(actually Cerbus?) bought out Marlin they moved manufacturer to Ilion New York.It was a disaster as they did not keep any Marlin employees to run the machinery which was antiquated and you need a skill set to make it make a good product.The result was(is?)a substandard product .Many Marlin Aficionados will only buy a Marlin with the JM stamp on the barrel as they know the quality is good(me too).

thanks, I understand now
26 January 2020, 04:35
john c.
new ones are called REMLINS. they suk
28 January 2020, 06:20
buckeyeshooter
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
new ones are called REMLINS. they suk

What He said... true dat! Think pre and post 64 winchesters. JM Marlin = pre 64 and Remlin or Lemonington = post 64.