This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/860106691/m/5411034012

25 April 2015, 04:18
Peter
Another great banner - ANZAC Day
Thanks for remembering!
Many forget!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
25 April 2015, 05:34
Sarg
That is true, but I don't think there are any New Zealanders or Australians in the Banner ?
25 April 2015, 11:49
Blair 338RUM
Just Turks.............lol
25 April 2015, 17:38
BenKK
Oh, well, in the spirit of The Water Diviner, it's all good! tu2
26 April 2015, 06:56
Peter
Something completely overlooked in the USA was that 2014 was the 100th anniversary of the start of WW 1. Yes, it was a world war even though the US was not involved at the start. The ceremonies in the UK and elsewhere went largely unreported in the US. 2015 marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings, hence the 120,000 plus Aussies that showed up at the dawn ceremony marking the occasion. Per Chief of the Army, Morrison:
"Their letters and their diary entries in copper plate handwriting more formal in expression to our modern idiom adds a layer to the sense that they were somehow different," he said.

"Their world, their hopes, their aspirations and fears are removed from ours by more than just the passage of 100 years.

"They are a generation seemingly set apart."
With all respect and admiration,
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
27 April 2015, 14:28
John Chalmers
Hi Ben and Blair, Thinking of you folks on Anzac day.Great banner!

Peter, When i was visiting the WW1 graves in 2008, I saw, I understand, the the biggest US war cemetery outside of the USA.
They were setting up PA and lighting at the memorial for a commemoration. Yourself, or some of the guys here, more knowledge than me, may be able to remind me which one.
If remember correctly the president was to be there.
So commemorations do take place, but maybe a bit closer to the area where the young men fell. jc [URL= ]