The Accurate Reloading Forums
Boddington's Rifle on TV Show??

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/837108194/m/3701015702

18 January 2015, 17:19
Clayman
Boddington's Rifle on TV Show??
Lefties,

Just finished watching the latest episode of The Boddington Experience where he was hunting in Pakistan. There were numerous shots of his rifle, a LH model 70 in stainless synthetic and a half-fluted barrel. I'm wondering if this is something custom he had whipped up or if it's a pre-production version of a new factory Winchester LH Model 70. It looked awfully like a factory rifle. Certainly, he would be an ideal candidate for one of the first if they decided to reintroduce them. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Not trying to start rumors (well, maybe I am sofa ), but I've been eagerly-awaiting the day we get those LH rifles back.

18 January 2015, 21:51
GeorgeS
Check his web site. He would probably mention the rifle, especially if he has a promotional arrangement.

George

19 January 2015, 00:14
Left hunter
Was it a gray color synthetic stock? If so it was probably his rifles inc custom model 70. He has used that rifle all over the world and I believe it is chambered in 300 weatherby.
19 January 2015, 02:39
Clayman
quote:
Originally posted by Left hunter:
Was it a gray color synthetic stock? If so it was probably his rifles inc custom model 70. He has used that rifle all over the world and I believe it is chambered in 300 weatherby.

It was! Sounds like what you're describing. He was shooting small deer and mountain antelope, so a 300 Wby might be at home. The stock is what gave me pause in thinking it might be custom, but some of the factory synthetic stocks these days are pretty nice themselves.

20 January 2015, 04:38
Ken Cline
He is in with CZ on limited run rifles. So anything promotional will be with those, no doubt. Guess he left Ruger in the dust after the #1 series and the stupid design ideas he gave them about stocks and brakes
20 January 2015, 20:36
Chuck Nelson
It is an old custom 300 Wby built by Lex Webernick.
02 February 2015, 05:00
JFE
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cline:
He is in with CZ on limited run rifles.

I saw somewhere that CZ are making 50 of these Boddington limited editions, with 5 of them in LH trim.