The Accurate Reloading Forums
Looking for a Hunt in the Karoo

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/832100588/m/5241039472

13 June 2023, 17:48
Russ Gould
Looking for a Hunt in the Karoo
Will have a few days at loose ends in the Laingsburg - Prince Alfred area middle July. Don't need any more trophies. Am SA citizen so don't even need a PH, and will have a bakkie. Would enjoy a low key hunt. Birds work too. Any ideas?

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear
13 June 2023, 23:43
Brian Canada
I always wanted to try Victor Watson. Corresponded with him and liked his approach. Maybe you can work something out with him. (Two Water Safari was a bad experience for me.) Brian Gallup

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.
14 June 2023, 01:18
Bryce Dillabough
3 hour too far??

Royal Karoo is straight east of Prince Albert. Fantastic, accommodating people.

Pm for contact if you wish.
14 June 2023, 03:05
Russ Gould
Dates now looking like first week of Aug.

Watson is in the E Cape.

The area I am interested in is called the "Koup-Karoo" and specifically the area near Gamkapoort dam. May buy a farm there, butting up against the Swartberg reserve.

17 June 2023, 19:42
Hasher
I can highly recommend Jules of the Karoo. I did my Springbok Slam and a Gemsbok with them and both he and his son worked hard for us and they have about 140,000 acres.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R
18 June 2023, 00:48
fairgame
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
Dates now looking like first week of Aug.

Watson is in the E Cape.

The area I am interested in is called the "Koup-Karoo" and specifically the area near Gamkapoort dam. May buy a farm there, butting up against the Swartberg reserve.

not sure buying a farm in SA is a wise investment?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
18 June 2023, 04:13
jdollar
It should be ok as long as you have an armored vehicle and full combat load out with class 4 body armor. Google farm murders in RSA, it’s scary…… coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
19 June 2023, 20:21
Russ Gould
The Karoo/W Cape is a different story as far as farm murders, but yes still subject to the same risk of confiscation as the rest of the country. But I have a plan to defeat that. Besides where in the world do you buy 25000 acres for less than $1 mill.

19 June 2023, 20:34
jdollar
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
The Karoo/W Cape is a different story as far as farm murders, but yes still subject to the same risk of confiscation as the rest of the country. But I have a plan to defeat that. Besides where in the world do you buy 25000 acres for less than $1 mill.

Ukraine??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
20 June 2023, 12:11
Charlie64

To for it! Investment neither here nor there. We purchased a town house in Sandton 20 years ago for small money. Everyone said we were crazy. Use it as a holiday/hunting base. Kids and friends use it too. Keep a Landy there and all our hunting gear. Paid itself ten times over and we love staying there. Never once thought about selling. You only live once!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
28 June 2023, 23:46
Russ Gould
I think I found the hunt that I am looking for .. not 50km from the farms I am looking at. Thanks for suggestions.

29 June 2023, 05:48
Brian Canada
Russ, Good man.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.