The Accurate Reloading Forums
Buffalo Hunt Niassa Moz to Benefit Stu Taylor

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/832100588/m/2091003081

28 September 2012, 01:35
Tim Herald
Buffalo Hunt Niassa Moz to Benefit Stu Taylor
Kambako Safaris is donating all the proceeds to Stu from the highest bidder on a 10 day all inclusive buffalo hunt including 1 observer (includes full daily rate, hunting licence, firearm licence, buffalo govt licence, buffalo trophy fee and return air charter to camp and back from Pemba.). The market value of this hunt is $21,450.00 This hunt can be taken in 2012 or 2013 or 2014.

To bid on this hunt, please send an email to jumbo@kambakosafaris.com with the following details:

Name:

Amount:

Date:

Jumbo will update the Stu Taylor website every couple of days with the highest bid amount. Bids close on the 15th October 2012.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com
28 September 2012, 05:41
butchloc
kudos to you tim for advertising this, and john(jumbo) i would expect nothing less. a class act from class individuals
28 September 2012, 07:14
lavaca
Where exactly? What coutada?
28 September 2012, 07:55
MikeBurke
Here is the link to Stu Taylor's site.

http://www.stutaylor-kambako.com/?page_id=33
28 September 2012, 09:14
ozhunter
In addition to this Auction for Stu,
I was in the process in having a 458LOTT built for Stu that will now be placed on hold.
There fore I am selling this barrelled VZ24 M98 action with bottom metal, swing safety, Barrel band front sight for $1000 (components and work worth much more than this).

This money will go direct to Stu's fund.

Sale in USA only as it is being held by AR member JBrown until ready for posting .

SO anyone considering having a Custom 458LOTT built THIS is a good option for a worthy cause.

This is what it was to be built up as;

Notes from owner;
Adam,
As for the price on the 458 Lott.
It has a lot of money in work and nice parts. My investment is around $1900.

It has a Douglas 5A barrel, a Dakota 3Pos safety, PME bottom metal, NECG banded front sight, Talley bolt handle in the Obendorf style, Tally banded sling swivel and a barrel mounted recoil lug.

It will also come with 50 new Hornady cases and a set of reloading dies(new Hornady).

The only thing I don't like about it is the XS peep sight. If I keep it I am going to have Dennis Olson weld on one of the square bridge peep sights that I had Kerry Stottomyer manufacture.

I can email some photos if you provide me with your email address.
Jason

28 September 2012, 09:25
ozhunter
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Where exactly? What coutada?

Likely the BEST buffalo hunting block in Niassa Reserve.
www.kambakosafaris.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...3jlE&feature=related

Stu and AR"s Andy7x64 and his great Buffalo;

28 September 2012, 15:14
Tim Herald
Also, If you want to just donate to the Stu fund, you can do it via Paypal below...

Stu Fund

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com
28 September 2012, 16:01
andy_7x64
Well done Jumbo, Tim and Adam.

All the best to Stu and let's hope he will be back hunting as soon as possible.

Rgds,
Andy
30 September 2012, 20:33
butchloc
btt - where it belongs
02 October 2012, 13:39
ozhunter
Note; This is not only a worthy cause but a great option for a "proper" Safari experience into a great part of wild Africa, all that is changing fast.
I've personally hunted this area on five Safaris but have seen and hunted good portions of Southern and East Africa so consider myself non biased.

Eland taken with the help of Stu and his top tracker Davie;

Top Big Game area!
02 October 2012, 14:22
Rigby350
Indeed a very worth cause, we'll done Adam, Jumbo & Tim and good luck to the winning bidder.
04 October 2012, 22:58
butchloc
btt
06 October 2012, 19:26
butchloc
one more time
09 October 2012, 12:32
ozhunter
So far this hunt is a steal.
15 October 2012, 22:11
John Hipwell
This is a great hunt offered by one of the best operations. Going for a great cause, has to be worth a lot more, please bid it up or I will have to bid agin and my budget is strained!
16 October 2012, 13:27
ozhunter
I see it includes Air Charter also..

Congrats John.
how was your Moz hunt?
17 October 2012, 02:47
Bwana338
never did find the web to review the hunt before placing a bid...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne
17 October 2012, 04:43
John Hipwell
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
I see it includes Air Charter also..

Congrats John.
who was your Moz hunt?

Hi Adam
Safari was great, shot a good Croc with my new K95, a clean first rd kill very pleased. The Ellie hunt was somthing else! Walked 25K from 2pm - 6 pm the first day. 35K from 6am - 6pm the second day also ran out of fresh water so drinking from the river. Suffered the first signs of heat exhaustion, so had to lay in the river for a few mins. Started walking at 6 am the last morning, I simply ran out of steam as we approached the Ellie. Worked up to 60yds but we were on dry crunchy leaves. Range was to far for the 8 bore and angle was all wrong. Then he turned to look in our direction. The ivory was great, 70, 80 lbs maybe much more, he was a huge old boy. He smelt us and trotted away. I am ashamed to admitt it but I had to call the hunt off, I was to beat to follow him.

Had lots of fun getting back to Canada, missed a flight so finished up sitting on my gun case in Joberg for 18 hrs waiting for a flight. Took 4 days to get home. Then I spent most of last week in Hospital with Maleria, so all in all a great Safari but a little on the tough side.
18 October 2012, 17:45
Skyline
Wow....... tough but exciting hunt. I wish things had come together for you, nevertheless the experience will be one you won't forget.

I am thinking the cool fall Manitoba air will perk you up and have you thinking about round two. Wink

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.