THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    New Travel Restrictions to Tanzania

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New Travel Restrictions to Tanzania
 Login/Join
 
one of us
posted
So what does anyone know about the new rules going into Tanz? From what I hear, you'll have to have a negative COVID test to get in. That's no problem.

Will be calling Steve at Travel With Guns in the next week or so to book my flights and may get more info then.

However, the article I read talked about a 14 day quarantine though. That would kill my trip. I can't be out of the office for three weeks, plus a quarantine.
 
Posts: 7942 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’m glad I’m not going there until mid-October. Hopefully there will be more sanity around travel rules by then.
 
Posts: 3260 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
IATA says there is no change.

You need a negative test, that is it.


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 55927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Saeed. Good to hear.

I'll need to find out where to get a test. I'm fully vaccinated now, but I never catch anything, so I never got tested.
 
Posts: 7942 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
IATA says there is no change.

You need a negative test, that is it.


I read somewhere that a Rapid Test will be conducted on arrival at a cost of $25.

Some friends who arrived from RSA two days ago confirmed this - spent more time in the queue than waiting for the results.
 
Posts: 1391 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
IATA says there is no change.

You need a negative test, that is it.


I read somewhere that a Rapid Test will be conducted on arrival at a cost of $25.

Some friends who arrived from RSA two days ago confirmed this - spent more time in the queue than waiting for the results.


The best accuracy rate I found for the rapid test was 72% with most being closer to 60%. No way would I take those odds, and I just returned from a hunt in Zimbabwe.


____________________________________________

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.
 
Posts: 3352 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am not, under any circumstances, accept to be tested by one of these totally unreliable tests.

PCR is the only reliable test, and takes time.

If the Tanzania government insists on this, they can forget me going there!


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 55927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am not, under any circumstances, accept to be tested by one of these totally unreliable tests.

PCR is the only reliable test, and takes time.

If the Tanzania government insists on this, they can forget me going there!


This!!! I won't forego my ability to get home based on some Tanzanian bureaucrat.


Formerly "Nganga"
 
Posts: 2530 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am not, under any circumstances, accept to be tested by one of these totally unreliable tests.

PCR is the only reliable test, and takes time.

If the Tanzania government insists on this, they can forget me going there!


This!!! I won't forego my ability to get home based on some Tanzanian bureaucrat.


Most airlines/countries are requiring PCR tests 48-72 hours prior to departure/arrival. So, it is not just a Tanzanian bureaucrat that is requesting this.
 
Posts: 925 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Returned from Jamaica last week. They require a rapid test for entry. They would not accept the PCR test.....
 
Posts: 9489 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Money making.

Nothing else!


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 55927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    New Travel Restrictions to Tanzania

Copyright December 1997-2021 Accuratereloading.com


Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia