The Accurate Reloading Forums
Recommended transit time?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121043/m/1121025831

15 August 2010, 23:11
Schauckis
Recommended transit time?
Hi,

When traveling with firearms, how much time do you advice to allow for transit in order to secure that the guns will follow me all the way to the end destination?
I'm planning a trip to Namibia with transit in London Heathrow, and Johannesburg.

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot
16 August 2010, 01:13
Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
If traveling the same airline - at least a 3 hour minimum connection between flights.

If changing airlines and terminals in London give yourself and extra hour for ease of mind!

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com
16 August 2010, 02:12
KUDUBULL
If your travelling different airlines, make sure they have a baggage agreement as well.

Good Luck on your Hunt!!!!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063
16 August 2010, 04:08
OldHandgunHunter
quote:
Originally posted by Schauckis:
Hi,

When traveling with firearms, how much time do you advice to allow for transit in order to secure that the guns will follow me all the way to the end destination?
I'm planning a trip to Namibia with transit in London Heathrow, and Johannesburg.

- Lars/Finland

I always arrange a minimum of three hours between flights, whenever I have to transfer the guns myself. This is usually more time than needed, but with flight delays, etc. I've also run very close to the wire with three hours.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.
17 August 2010, 22:22
ochayethenoo
Are you checking your luggage right through to Jo'berg? Is there a reason why you plan to collect your firearms in Heathrow and re check them in for the forward flight?

COUNTRYSPORTS.
Established 1984. Web sites: www.countrysports.co.uk & www.fishinginuk.co.uk SCOTLAND, ENGLAND, POLAND, SOUTH AFRICA
18 August 2010, 00:17
butchloc
most of the time i've even taken to having an extra day before going into camp just to rest up and make sure luggage follows