The Accurate Reloading Forums
Any Firearm Related Must See in Tucson??

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/9561005112

06 June 2015, 07:08
ramrod340
Any Firearm Related Must See in Tucson??
OK tagging along with the wife for a 2 week stay in Tucson. Any good shops etc that I can kill time in??

As usual just my $.02
Paul K
08 June 2015, 23:57
458Win
You might make a phone call to David Miller to see if he and Curt have time to show you their shop. And there is another good gunshop two or three blocks down the street on either N Country Club or N Tucson that is always worth a visit.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com
09 June 2015, 01:27
Biebs
I don't know how far that is from Prescott, but Fred Wells' wife Rachael and his sons still run a shop in Prescott. Last I heard they were developing their own Magnum Mauser action.
09 June 2015, 02:52
ramrod340
Prescott is about 3.5hrs one way.

Hate to ask to bother someone like Miller just to kill time on my part.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K
09 June 2015, 22:49
458Win
That is why I suggest calling but Murphy's gunshop is always worth a visit.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
10 June 2015, 00:33
ramrod340
quote:
Murphy's gunshop

Heading there Wed.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K
10 June 2015, 03:42
Use Enough Gun
I know it's not a gun shop, but doesn't SCI have their museum and headquarters in Tucson?
10 June 2015, 10:46
458Win
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I know it's not a gun shop, but doesn't SCI have their museum and headquarters in Tucson?

it is and if you drive up there you might as well continue over the hill to the Sonoran Desert Museum and make a day of it.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
10 June 2015, 20:49
ramrod340
That looks like a doable trip.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K
10 June 2015, 22:38
Thomas "Ty" Beaham
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

it is and if you drive up there you might as well continue over the hill to the Sonoran Desert Museum and make a day of it.

Both the International Wildlife Museum and Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum are must see's.

I might also suggest a visit to the late Harry Lawson's Gunsmithing Co. at 3328 N. Richey.

Hope you enjoy your stay in the "Old Pueblo."

~Ty
16 June 2015, 19:16
ramrod340
Well SCI was time well spent. Drove out the to the Sonoran Museum and found out it was a walking trail. It was 105deg so I passed.

Harry Lawson's Gun shop is open. You just need to look real close next to the plumber's building and you can see a miniature "open sign"

While I didn't find anything I needed to muy at Murphy's I wish I had a bunch of the stuff they had on their walls.

Coming from CO in the 70s this 100+ drains me. Heck almost to hot for the pool which is 90deg.

coffee

As usual just my $.02
Paul K
18 June 2015, 23:59
Use Enough Gun
tu2
13 January 2024, 03:06
Thomas "Ty" Beaham
Sad news,

The International Wildlife Museum closes.

https://tucson.com/news/local/...b8-0ba93e117596.html

and I also understand that Lawson's gunsmithing closed its doors a while back too, bummer...
13 January 2024, 07:24
larry miller
I heard David Miller died.
13 January 2024, 07:28
Colin Masters
https://williamlarkinmoore.com/

1 1/2 hour drive, I have never been there.

Internet wise there on the top dealers.
13 January 2024, 18:43
Duane Wiebe (CG&R)
Suggest you call first!
13 January 2024, 19:29
Monski
Unfortunately I heard Rachel Wells has passed away in addition to David Miller. There is a nice David Miller .404 jeffery, a Dakota .375 h&h, and a Heym 470 double rifle for sale at Murphy's. The .404 and .375 have been set aside for a couple of months for an out of town customer who hasn't completed the transaction so they may go back on sale soon.
13 January 2024, 19:56
larry miller
I live one mile from Willam Larken Moore. If you want to see some fine firearms that's the place to go. They are nice people & let you look at & handle all of their guns. They are located right off the 101 & Bell Rd. in North Scottsdale.
24 January 2024, 17:30
Mark Clark
I have been in Willam Larken Moore several times. Very nice even knowing I had no money. I had my hands in my pockets like I had been taught and he handed me the double rifle I was looking at. "You may not be able to buy it today but you never know what tomorrow will bring."
Lawson was being run by Harry's son Randy.
I had three stocks made two years ago (March, '22) At that time Randy was talking retirement. His work was still 100% but he was ready.