The Accurate Reloading Forums
Estate Auction just listed in classifieds.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/2971095552

05 December 2019, 09:09
steveholt
Estate Auction just listed in classifieds.
Several custom built/stocked rifles listed with Pearce Auctions, Alabaster, Alabama.
05 December 2019, 09:16
z1r
quote:
Originally posted by steveholt:
Several custom built/stocked rifles listed with Pearce Auctions, Alabaster, Alabama.

Nice job spamming the board!

Aut vincere aut mori
05 December 2019, 10:09
steveholt
Sorry if I offended. 11 days left in a court ordered estate sale.
Lots of good interesting pieces in this collection and I thought some members would appreciate a heads up.
05 December 2019, 10:45
steveholt
Buddy this ain’t spam.
This is a member trying to find a good home for some guns that have a ton of personal value attached to them. Only trying to get them to someone I hope will appreciate them for what they are on a website I enjoy visiting.
Trying to get the word out as wide and as soon as possible due to only a few days left. Not a damn thing wrong with what I did. Obviously you feel differently.
I’ll not get a red cent out of this. All the potential money made from the sale of these guns is already ear marked for some people I hardy know.
From my experience on this site, the passion and zeal projected by every other member I’ve encountered leads me to believe that more than a few would appreciate a heads up for a chance to snag some interesting firearms, apparently you don’t.
Again, apologies for any heartburn caused by actions in my attempt to fulfill a promise I made to a dying man.
I sincerely hope when your time is done and you have a few things you want to pass on that you really cared about and didn’t want to see them in a local yard sale, that you’ll have someone you can trust to carry out your last wishes.
For me it’s been six years so far and coming to a close I hope but I’m still working, to get it done as directed.
I’d love to get into a keyboard commando discussion about your opinion and where I think it belongs but I’m attempting to be an adult and take the high road here.
At that, I bid you good night sir and I hope you have a wonderful and prosperous tomorrow.

Steve Holt
05 December 2019, 18:23
Todd Williams
Steve, I for one do not see your post as spam at all. I see it for exactly as you described, a heads up for those who may be interested in the auction.

Thanks for the heads up.
05 December 2019, 19:05
larry miller
I like looking at nice guns. Thanks
06 December 2019, 00:56
steveholt
Thank you Todd.
06 December 2019, 04:11
custombolt
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go take a look.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.
06 December 2019, 05:39
Jmbrown
Thanks for the heads up Steve. That’s a lot of good stuff!
07 December 2019, 22:55
Vol717
zlr's avatar picture tells it all.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two
08 December 2019, 03:06
Duane Wiebe (CG&R)
Here we go again?
12 December 2019, 05:49
Atkinson
I appreciate the heads up, aways in the market for a nice gun..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
18 December 2019, 07:40
slowmover12
I watched the online auction unfold. Reasonable prices on most items but crazy money on an FN made Mauser actioned rifle with Leupold scope. Went for 3x it’s value. Think JC Higgins with scope for $1500!!!
18 December 2019, 10:20
10generation
Steve, thanks.
18 December 2019, 15:07
MNR
Same here. Kept an eye on a couple thinking I might get a steal and they shot up at the end.
Thanks for posting Steve.
quote:
Originally posted by slowmover12:
I watched the online auction unfold. Reasonable prices on most items but crazy money on an FN made Mauser actioned rifle with Leupold scope. Went for 3x it’s value. Think JC Higgins with scope for $1500!!!

www.mnrcustom.com
https://www.facebook.com/MNR-C...LLC-485145854894639/
21 December 2019, 07:53
steveholt
Did you pick something up from the auction?
21 December 2019, 08:19
steveholt
That FN 270 was stocked and glassed and the checkering to include steel/trap butt plate was all by Mr Dave Wills of Montgomery, Al. He’s the best we have around here and his stock work will stand with anybody’s. Mr. Richard Garrison did all the action work and trued everything up and chambered the Douglas Premium air gauge barrel with a brand new Manson reamer. The color case work was executed by Turnbull to include the tally rings and the fancy scratching was done by the late Ralph Bone who was a founding member of FEGA.
All adds up to a real nice rifle. Hated to see it go but to put this estate to rest, it was all ordered sold by a local Probate Judge.
Food for thought;
A will is hardly a guaranteed way to insure your wishes are followed when your time is up. A trust or LLc has a better chance of standing “as directed” than a will any day. A hard lesson learned over the last five years.
21 December 2019, 19:45
thirdbite
Steve, I sent you a PM. Thanks in advance.