The Accurate Reloading Forums
Help needed to post pics.....

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7611043/m/1751049732

04 January 2018, 23:51
Gatogordo
Help needed to post pics.....
....this is a kind of long story, but this pistol was found laying on ground on my fairly recently purchased ranch in Val Verde County, Tx. I am fairly sure it is or rather was a Colt Pocket pistol but due to corrosion it has no name or anything else on it except the serial number (?) on butt of grip. It is in really bad shape but is still way cool to me because of the history. Could be a later copy of above, I have no idea and don't know enough about early pistols to know what to look for. Great story anyway, and I've now named ranch "The Lost Pistol". If someone can post pics for me, PM or email me at sixtlghorn@aol.com and I will forward the pics my daughter made with her cell and sent to me. Thanks. CAT

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
08 January 2018, 02:22
Charles_Helm
Here are the pictures:

Larger version.

Larger version.

-------------------------------

Some Pictures from Namibia

Some Pictures from Zimbabwe

An Elephant Story

09 January 2018, 06:18
butchloc
i recognize it- it is a pre 2000 blaser in mint condition- a similar one is currently in use somewhere in new jersey- owned by poncho biebs
11 January 2018, 21:35
Gatogordo
Besides the feeble (age related, no doubt) attempt at humor, I would really appreciate someone telling me something about this pistol. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
12 January 2018, 01:05
GeorgeS
It may be a Colt Pocket Model 1849/. What is the bore diameter? .31"?

George

17 January 2018, 05:29
Gatogordo
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
It may be a Colt Pocket Model 1849/. What is the bore diameter? .31"?

George

I'm not sure. The end bore is so rusted as to not allow decent measurements, but the cylinder, which seems relatively intact will allow a 9mm Nosler round to fit in the end, plus part of the case. So I would guess it is more like .36.

xxxxxxxxxx

23 January 2018, 23:35
tiggertate

I agree it is patterned after an 1849 but the frame and screws are hand made by all appearances. Possibly the whole pistol. The cutouts for the nipples are very irregular and uneven, and the 1849 did not have a grip screw. For me that makes it cooler. Someone spent a lot of time making a pistol.

Alternately, it could have come from the gun making region in Pakistan and got tossed before it hurt someone Big Grin