The Accurate Reloading Forums
Friendship, Indiana BP Double Rifle Match Sept 13

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/9871072762

22 August 2021, 20:12
Colin Masters
Friendship, Indiana BP Double Rifle Match Sept 13
Will anyone here be attending this match? My gentleman friend has invited me to go, and we will both be shooting his Army and Navy .577-450 hammer double.
26 September 2021, 11:07
Colin Masters
I was hoping to meet some members here at this event.

I have some pictures, I’ll post them soon.

Friendship Indiana is home to the national muzzleloader association, and is a huge facility dedicated to education and preservation of pioneer, primitive and antique weapons.

They host a double rifle completion, shooting 20 rounds in ten stages at African animal targets.

There were about 16 competitors, all shooting hammer double rifles, with about 1/2 being muzzleloaders.

As always with this site and the double rifle community, everyone was incredibly nice, and 25-40 years older than me.

I will mention one funny thing.

There was a gentleman with a 1890? something German rifle, who went to huge effort to trim and modify 50-110? Brass, without having any idea as to what caliber his rifle was exactly.

He got super huffy when I suggested that he send the rifle to a number of gunsmiths here, as well as jj peredeau, to figure out exactly what it was. It was to the point that he was using a metal cleaning rod through the muzzle, to eject his spent brass after each stage.

I was shooting my good friends army and navy 1896 .577-450.

Pictures tomorrow.
26 September 2021, 11:21
Colin Masters

27 September 2021, 17:33
Bill/Oregon
Looks like wonderfully good fun. I used to reload that round in my Martini days. Must have been very pleasant to shoot in a double rifle.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
28 September 2021, 01:07
Colin Masters
It is great fun.