The Accurate Reloading Forums
Another flashlight question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7421043/m/706103208

24 January 2008, 20:56
Mark
Another flashlight question
Hello everyone,

Time for me to upgrade some flashlights around the house, and thought I'd ask here since there are a lot of people who know more about current flashlights than I do.

What I am looking for is a rechargeable LED flashlight with a drop-in charger. I live in a somewhat remote area and a light gets used almost every night when walking the dogs, getting racoons out of the garbage cans, etc.

I have kids, so a drop-in charger is kinda mandatory as it provides a parking spot, so when I need to find the flashlight the odds of me doing so move from "snowballs chance in hell" closer to "snowballs chance in Phoenix".

I like the idea of a LED, one less thing to break. Long as a beam gets cast 50 or so yards I'll be happy. More is better but not mandatory.

At this point I am looking at the Inova T4, it has a drop-in charger and is supposed to throw a beam 100+ yards. At $100+ it is a little pricey but better to have something that I'm happy with every night I need to use it.

However, I am open to any other suggestions you guys may have.

TIA,

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside
01 February 2008, 04:36
Gatogordo
Not Led but commonly used by LEOs and others, they are tough and BRIGHT and in your price range. I'd get a Streamlight Stinger.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
16 July 2008, 09:18
Jetboater
I carry the new dual switch LED stinger at work everyday, and love it. You get it with a car and house charger, and can get a second battery for around a hundred bucks down there. It throws a nice bright beam and lasts several hours, and with the second battery it lasts an entire night shift no problem. I recomend it, and regardless I would only go with the LED type light.
03 August 2008, 08:07
mete
I have a Pelican 2460. Rechargeable, LED {very bright] submersible.LED technology has been moving ahead rapidly .This flashlight has the LED facing backward which gives a very uniform pattern for the spot.IIRC it's a 1 watt LED.