The Accurate Reloading Forums
Place to donate tackle?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7221043/m/2741006222

03 July 2016, 22:11
stevie
Place to donate tackle?
A few months ago, the widow of a dear hunting/fishing buddy gave me all of his gear. Since I live in the desert, I can't use some of the fishing tackle that was primarily for Northern species like walleye, lake trout and char (left over from trips to Canada)

I would like to try to donate some of it to a worthy organization. Any suggestions?

04 July 2016, 00:33
Gatogordo
You may not want to go to the trouble, but I'd suggest selling it on ebay, depending on what you've got, in small lots that would fit in a small flat rate box. Then donate money to charity of your choice or the NRA.

If you don't want to do it, find a relative or smart neighborhood kid that will do it for say 25% of net, then donate the rest.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
05 July 2016, 14:49
DenisB
there is a guy on 360tuna.com that uses tackle & fishing trips as incentive prizes for students & others who supply gear & fishing trips to Vets.
try contacting member Pope or just post about your situation.
( I moderate a couple of DIY forums on 360T )

FWIW