The Accurate Reloading Forums
Montana Paddlefish

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7221043/m/2361079132

14 May 2017, 09:27
RMiller
Montana Paddlefish
Its kinda funny to me that I lived in Alaska for 24 years and then catch my biggest fish ever in Montana.

Paddlefish 82 pounds.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!
14 May 2017, 22:33
SBT
Nice fish!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark
28 May 2017, 03:55
Slider
shocker What a Beast!!!
28 May 2017, 20:22
analog_peninsula
What a great catch! What tackle and terminal tackle were you using? My understanding is that you must snag them with large treble hooks, which seems like a very slow and painful way to fish, as I'd imagine that you'd snag about 1,000 pieces of river junk for every fish that you'd hook.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.
06 June 2017, 08:31
JTEX
That is neat as hell man!

12 June 2017, 03:46
Beretta682E
Very cool.

Mike
14 June 2017, 06:30
Use Enough Gun
Huge! tu2
16 June 2017, 19:14
Bill/Oregon
I have heard the flesh is wonderful -- like lobster.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
15 July 2017, 10:36
georgeld
Looks full of egg's from here.
Dandy fish!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight
02 September 2017, 03:56
shootaway
Here is a big one I saw at the Kalispel Montana airport.
[URL= ]big trout?[/URL]
02 September 2017, 04:34
jdollar
Sorry bud, but that definitely ISNT a paddlefish. You can't tell the difference between a paddlefish and a trout???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
02 September 2017, 16:29
shootaway
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Sorry bud, but that definitely ISNT a paddlefish. You can't tell the difference between a paddlefish and a trout???

Who cares idiot?? At least I know what a real trophy fish looks like.
I'll take a guess at naming that fish in my picture.I say that it is a steel head rainbow trout.
02 September 2017, 22:32
jdollar
Wrong again. Pretty sure it's a lake trout. You need to quit qhile you are behind. It's only getting worse.... hammering

04 September 2017, 00:22
Norton
Holy fuck shootaway.....you sure it's not a marlin?

Why call the guy an idiot when he corrected you in a gentlemanly manner?

Yup....mud chicken aka togue aka laker.
04 September 2017, 02:57
jdollar
Consider the source, Norton.....

04 September 2017, 03:58
DoubleDon
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:

I'll take a guess at naming that fish in my picture.I say that it is a steel head rainbow trout.

Dick breath is off his meds once again jumping

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780
04 September 2017, 05:09
jdollar
quote:
quote:

How do you know what a trophy fish looks like if you have no dea what species of fish you are looking at??? faint

04 September 2017, 22:58
Beretta682E
quote:
quote:
quote:

How do you know what a trophy fish looks like if you have no dea what species of fish you are looking at??? faint

I thought it was open for those freshwater marlin fishing

Mike
05 September 2017, 01:50
jdollar
I plan on taking special tackle to Brazil in Nov for those fresh water marlin and maybe the tuna and Mahi-mahi that inhabit the same river. Hope I can recognize a real trophy when I catch one, like shootacow. rotflmo

05 September 2017, 07:57
Beretta682E
quote:
I plan on taking special tackle to Brazil in Nov for those fresh water marlin and maybe the tuna and Mahi-mahi that inhabit the same river. Hope I can recognize a real trophy when I catch one, like shootacow. rotflmo

He is a special kind of stupid Wink

Mike
21 August 2018, 10:52
Kamo Gari
Ole Shootaway strikes again! lol

Someone start another trophy fish species thread, please. Something out of the ordinary such as the paddlefish. Maybe a sturgeon, gar or Atlantic halibut. My money's on him following up with a response pic of an amphibian, mollusk or brown bear. You can't make this stuff up! And yes, lakers are the only trout sporting a deeply forked tail. Or wing, or bill or shell or whatever they have... Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.
01 September 2018, 19:15
Norton
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
Ole Shootaway strikes again! lol

Someone start another trophy fish species thread, please. Something out of the ordinary such as the paddlefish. Maybe a sturgeon, gar or Atlantic halibut. My money's on him following up with a response pic of an amphibian, mollusk or brown bear. You can't make this stuff up! And yes, lakers are the only trout sporting a deeply forked tail. Or wing, or bill or shell or whatever they have... Smiler

OK....I'll start: here's a pic of my trophy steel head rainbow trout doing the ritualistic chicken mating dance. Check out its beak.