The Accurate Reloading Forums
Oberndorf Kurz Mauser

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6711043/m/7231069662

02 August 2021, 16:34
shiva
Oberndorf Kurz Mauser
Hi guys, looking for some help on the value of a little Oberndorf Kurz Mauser in 250 Savage, it has a Krieger 1-10 barrel, lovely walnut stock and aftermarket trigger (I have the original) shoots tiny groups talleys and Zeiss diavara 3-9 from the early 80,s. Just some idea would be a help.
Thanks Jeff
02 August 2021, 18:26
Jmbrown
Some pictures would help a lot to really see what it is.
02 August 2021, 19:17
dpcd
An original Kurz action alone is worth One$K; maybe more; however once it has been drilled and the bolt altered, it drops precipitously.
As will all custom rifles, they tend to be worth a fraction of the original cost.
Unless they are a name maker like DW.
So, how much is your rifle worth?
It depends.
02 August 2021, 20:19
Macs B
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
An original Kurz action alone is worth One$K; maybe more; however once it has been drilled and the bolt altered, it drops precipitously.
As will all custom rifles, they tend to be worth a fraction of the original cost.
It depends.

Just curious. Who is "DW".

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!
02 August 2021, 20:44
dpcd
He is the best custom rifle maker on the planet.
08 August 2021, 00:24
Atkinson
Those Kurz actions alone are worth from a grand to twice that!! Id love to be the new owner of your rifle, but my pocket book is sometimes three pounds lighter than a cork..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
08 August 2021, 15:18
p dog shooter
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Those Kurz actions alone are worth from a grand to twice that!! Id love to be the new owner of your rifle, but my pocket book is sometimes three pounds lighter than a cork..

What no more rifles or horses to sell.
15 August 2021, 00:38
Atkinson
Im working on that, right now Im looking for a fishing boat, thats what old curmudgeons do you see!! jumping

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
21 August 2021, 02:57
butchlambert
quote:
Originally posted by Macs B:
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
It depends.

Just curious. Who is "DW".

Chuckle chuckle!
08 September 2021, 07:33
Mike_TX
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor that Duane Wiebe built on a little Oberndorf Kurz Mauser action ....it's probably my favorite.
10 September 2021, 00:44
Kolo-Pan
It turns out that another company is making those Kurz actions. They are located in Italy.

KJK