The Accurate Reloading Forums
poor mans Borescope possibilty

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/645100744/m/9071090122

12 May 2016, 19:42
mcvsbt
poor mans Borescope possibilty
This is not intended to take the place of a quality borescope but for all of us that might just want to look down our barrels after cleaning or for any other reason..I bought one of these the other day on amazon for $17.00 It actually works good enough to see carbon, copper fouling and anything else that might be in your barrel..it connects to a computer in about 5 seconds. Many other uses, if your not satisfied with the image quality for guns..

Dazone® 1.3 MP HD 720P Coms 6 LEDs Waterproof USB Borescope 5.5mm Endoscope USB Snake inspection Tube Camera with 5m Cable.
13 May 2016, 02:06
richj
Very weird, I was looking at those this week.
13 May 2016, 06:54
Michael Michalski
I bought one of the Lyman Borecam's and it is very good considering the price (a long way from a grand $)

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran
15 May 2016, 08:01
Nakihunter
Amazon has the same item for as low as $10 & 14.

Alibaba also has them.

Prices have dropped a lot in the last 4 or 5 years.

I look at these on alibaba every year.

Not sure if the software & video file features are reliable / clear.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."
15 May 2016, 22:06
Bill/Oregon
Plus you can do your own colonoscopy ...

rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
16 May 2016, 03:03
mcvsbt
There you go...many other uses. Haha
20 May 2016, 07:10
Fjold
I bought one last year and keep it in my computer bag. It's come in useful for all kind of things.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

20 May 2016, 08:29
TomP
I bought one from Amazon after reading this post, if nothing else can look at the kitchen sink drain.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)
02 June 2016, 23:27
Pa.Frank
So did anybody get one of these? I've been looking at them, and while the ad says 5.5mm, it is a bit deceptive as the cable is 5.5mm but the camera head is 8.5mm.

I did find some with a 7mm head, and some for a smartphone (which I don't have) with a 4.5mm head.. I'd like to find one with a 5 to 6 mm camera head that works off a pc not a phone... and of course.... CHEAP!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne
03 June 2016, 02:35
Fjold
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:
So did anybody get one of these? I've been looking at them, and while the ad says 5.5mm, it is a bit deceptive as the cable is 5.5mm but the camera head is 8.5mm.

I did find some with a 7mm head, and some for a smartphone (which I don't have) with a 4.5mm head.. I'd like to find one with a 5 to 6 mm camera head that works off a pc not a phone... and of course.... CHEAP!

I have the one that plugs into my smartphone with the 5.5mm camera head. It works OK in barrels except that it has a minimum 2cm focal length so you can't get great detail inside the barrels and the photos turn out with a blue tint.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

03 June 2016, 19:41
TomP
quote:

I got one, its focal length is kind of long and the detail isn't the best. It's an interesting gadget anyhow, not sorry I bought it. It does fit down a 22 RF bore.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

03 June 2016, 21:35
Pa.Frank
Fjold, tomP,

Links to what it was you got?

thanks for the replies!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne
04 June 2016, 00:40
richj
I got one , on Win 7 it doesn't work.
04 June 2016, 20:29
TomP
quote:
Fjold, tomP,

thanks for the replies!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb...cope+5.5mm+Endoscope

TomP

04 June 2016, 21:46
Fjold
quote:
Fjold, tomP,

thanks for the replies!

http://www.amazon.com/JZHY-Sma...ef_=pd_ys_c_rfy_rp_0

Frank