The Accurate Reloading Forums
What kind of Bore Light do you use?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/645100744/m/392103807

01 August 2007, 04:40
Hot Core
What kind of Bore Light do you use?
I've used a standard old 2-AA flashlight with a Fiber Optic light-pipe to view inside the Bore of my rifles for many years. Also use a 1-AAA Mini-Mag to shine right into the muzzle.

Got a new 3-AAA LED Light the other day and the Light is so "White" and pure, I'm shocked at how well I can see in the muzzle with it.

But, it is so " BRIGHT " you absolutely DO NOT want to shine it in from the breech and look down the barrel at it.
-----

What kind of " Bore Light " do you all use?
01 August 2007, 05:27
craigster
I mostly use the standard AA fiber optic version. I've also got the same thing without the batteries and bulb which works pretty well as long as there's a halfway decent light source handy. But when worse comes to worse, the old white paper/business card in the breech trick works just fine.
01 August 2007, 07:27
kelbro
I used the bent plastic one on a single AA for many years. Got the Nite-ize fiber-optic one for a mini maglite and it works well. Pretty bright though. They also sell lenses for these and if you install the blue lens, it is bright but not blinding.
01 August 2007, 08:29
onefunzr2
A long wand flex light from Snap-On. Have used it for 15 years or more.
01 August 2007, 20:43
Fish30114
Use the 3 cell aaa streamlight with the flexible end piece, it is great--really bright like you said if you look down the muzzle at it.