The Accurate Reloading Forums
WARNING!!!!! DO NOT SNIFF TEST

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/645100744/m/1671035321

02 January 2010, 05:26
ted thorn
WARNING!!!!! DO NOT SNIFF TEST
Do not sniff test Midway/Tiptons Truly Remarkable Bore Cleaning Solvent.

It truely has enough ammonia in it to just about put me on the floor when I gave it the "sniff test". Eyes watered up, nose ran and I seen floaties/fie flies in mid air....wow.

It says it has ammonia in it but I just had to check for myself. It also warns to not get on any other surface or leave in the bore over 15 min. max.

02 January 2010, 06:22
Fish30114
sometimes you just can't not!!!

I don't intend on using any of it, but thanks for the chuckle and heads up!
02 January 2010, 06:30
Boss Hoss
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Do not sniff test Midway/Tiptons Truly Remarkable Bore Cleaning Solvent.

It truely has enough ammonia in it to just about put me on the floor when I gave it the "sniff test". Eyes watered up, nose ran and I seen floaties/fie flies in mid air....wow.

It says it has ammonia in it but I just had to check for myself. It also warns to not get on any other surface or leave in the bore over 15 min. max.

Now tell the truth----when you were little did you pee in the light socket as well? Eeker
03 January 2010, 03:53
Bruce R
It's nice to have those little reminders that you're a man isn't it. I mean can any of us really pass up the chance to smell something nasty? LOL
03 January 2010, 05:06
Mort Canard
This topic has been covered under this thread Sweet's

Fortunately ammonia gets extremely unpleasant before it does any significant damage. There are a lot of gun cleaning chemicals that are a lot more hazardous. Be careful about smelling cleaning fluids and read the labels. shame

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.