ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join
 
one of us
posted Hide Post
Watching this is quite interesting. It seems Mr Sullivan has a speech issue? I met him before this and I don't recall the slurring? Maybe he has a health issue? IDK? Also at 6:09 when they are finishing the buff there is a cruiser driving in the background. Anyhow this Sullivan feud is quite fascinating.....
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana1:
Video....
https://youtu.be/4ZtLPOaGo7g


White Mountains Arizona
 
Posts: 2582 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure I’d characterize Mark’s speech as “slurred”. The cadence of his speech is quite a bit slower than in his many videos, but that can be a function of fatigue after a full day hunting and filming. I’ve never gotten the impression that Mark is a heavy drinker, although he comes across as somewhat of a BS’er and self promoter.


Jesus saves, but Moses invests
 
Posts: 1182 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a stroke to me but could be a video issue?


White Mountains Arizona
 
Posts: 2582 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A fantastic video!

Shows perfectly what buffalo "hunting" on a farm in South Africa s like.

It has as much in common with a proper buffalo hunt one big fat ZERO!

Shows that no matter how big the gun you are using, if you cannot shoot it properly, you might as well stay home.

Self glorification to the extent that it makes one really feel sorry for anyone who would stoop so low.

Even worse for those who go on so called "hunts" like this one.

No self respect whatsoever.

Just plain old, childish hero worship.

Reminds me of teenagers going gaga over some stupid pop star!

Even after all these pages, we still have not gotten an answer on what profession is Mark Sullivan is licensed to operate in South Africa.


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
He reminds me of one of those guys on wrestle mania. "Come on out folks and see me take on the evil Cape buffalo"!

No thanks. 2020


Roger
___________________________
I'm a trophy hunter - until something better comes along.
- Glen St Charles

*we band of 45-70ers*
 
Posts: 2460 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
First-morning buff and how lucky was that?


ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8793 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
First-morning buff and how lucky was that?


They did not kill it until evening by the looks of things.

One makes his own luck in hunting, but these two bozos know as much about hunting as Fred Flintstone knows about flying to the moon!

Did anyone notice how much camera time was given to the buffalo, the clueless client, and the selfish fake pretending to conduct the hunt??

Classic Mark Sullivan fakery!

Never fails to amuse! clap


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awe! Saaed, tell us how you really feel!

Given the first two misses I would say that Cal was over-gunned! Shot placement, shot placement and shot placement!


USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
 
Posts: 529 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread was just bought up to raise Saeed s blood pressure!

animal
 
Posts: 39135 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
Awe! Saaed, tell us how you really feel!

Given the first two misses I would say that Cal was over-gunned! Shot placement, shot placement and shot placement!


I have never been able to shoot quick shots (snap shooting) with a heavy rifle--the .600 weighs 16 pounds. I always seem to leave too much front bead in the rear V and shoot high. Each of my shots here went over the buffalo. He was not wounded.

To avoid the predicted negative comments I could have opted not to show the shots. But I thought the film should show my entire experience. When hit right the buff fell quickly.

I acknowledge a .600 is not now, and never has been, necessary for any hunting. I just use one now because this old retired school teacher is fortunate to own one. I would love to take each double I own on an African safari but that is impossible.
Cheers, gents.
Cal


_______________________________

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
______________________________
 
Posts: 6861 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
Awe! Saaed, tell us how you really feel!

Given the first two misses I would say that Cal was over-gunned! Shot placement, shot placement and shot placement!


I have never been able to shoot quick shots (snap shooting) with a heavy rifle--the .600 weighs 16 pounds. I always seem to leave too much front bead in the rear V and shoot high. Each of my shots here went over the buffalo. He was not wounded.

To avoid the predicted negative comments I could have opted not to show the shots. But I thought the film should show my entire experience. When hit right the buff fell quickly.

I acknowledge a .600 is not now, and never has been, necessary for any hunting. I just use one now because this old retired school teacher is fortunate to own one. I would love to take each double I own on an African safari but that is impossible.
Cheers, gents.
Cal


Thank you Cal.

There you have it.

If anyone had any doubts before, they are gone now.

Two of the worlds biggest advocates of BIGGER IS BETTER come together to open your eyes on buffalo hunting.

A buffalo hunter's intelligence is inversely proportional to the size of the barrel of the gun he uses.

This can reach incredible levels, to the extent that an individual's intelligence peaks at him actually talking to the buffalo, and politely asking them on how they wish to die!

There is a very effective vaccination for this.

Use a .375 rifle, and never look back.


One shot kills, never have to lug a 16 pounds useless piece, and no desire to talk to buffalo.

Just enjoy their steak back at camp. clap


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
I don't think I nor anyone else advocated a .577 or .600 necessary for hunting any big game. That's true now and I beleive it was in the old days as so few were made. I can't speak for others but I use my .600 because it is fun and I can. If I was limited to one rifle for everything, it would no doubt be a .375 H&H on a Mauser action.
Cal


_______________________________

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
______________________________
 
Posts: 6861 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Saeed:
I don't think I nor anyone else advocated a .577 or .600 necessary for hunting any big game. That's true now and I beleive it was in the old days as so few were made. I can't speak for others but I use my .600 because it is fun and I can. If I was limited to one rifle for everything, it would no doubt be a .375 H&H on a Mauser action.
Cal


Bloody hell!

Will wonders ever stop??

Cal is actually using part of his brains that actually works! rotflmo


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed has watched this 81 times. I think Saeed does have a thing for Mark afterall..:LOL



DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway
 
Posts: 2692 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
After wading thru this thread, I believe that Cal did not participate in an illegal hunt nor did he violate the Lacy Act. The hunt included a licensed DG PH and the landowner is a PH as well. All paperwork should reflect this fact. Cal did not pay and money to MS. He paid the landowner, Basie Kuhn.

This begs the question. Was MS paid money by Basie? I can't believe that MS would engage in this activity without renumeration. I may be wrong and he accompanied Cal out of the goodness of his heart and not for money but I sincerely doubt it. If he was paid by Basie, how was it structured? He isn't a RSA licensed PH, he isn't a RSA registered tour guide and he probably doesn't have a work visa or whatever paperwork is necessary to work in RSA. If he was paid for this hunt, the problem is between Basie, MS and the RSA government. Maybe he was paid a "consulting fee" to an offshore or USA based account. Who knows? Cal?

Bottom line, it does not appear that Cal participated in an illegal hunt due to the presence and oversight of Johann the RSA licensed PH. However, MS may have been improperly or illegally paid if he received money for participating or "conducting" on this hunt. Perhaps in any future hunts booked by Shawn for this hunt, MS will be paid by Shawn in the USA as a "consultant" out of the booking fees paid in the USA.

Just my $.02

Regards,
RCG


I have read the first 7 pages of this thread and I do have one thing to mention.

It seems all legal paperwork was done. The only question is MS's role in the hunt. I don't think it is illegal for MS to participate in the hunt as long as a PH is present. As far as I know I don't think it is illegal for a member of the hunting party to take the lead on the hunt.

Then comes remuneration question for MS. When Tiger Woods goes to Emirates to play golf or Roger Federer goes there to play tennis in an insignificant tournament they get paid an appearance fee (in 7 figures) to attend. That draws attendance and publicity to the venue.

If the landowner pays an appearance fee to MS to socialize and hunt with paying clients in order to get those clients, again I don't see anything illegal in this. Also, from what I have seen the cost of the hunt even with MS present does not seem to be higher than other RSA Cape Buffalo hunts.

It might not be a hunt done according to one's ideals and views but I would not say it is illegal.
 
Posts: 944 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
After wading thru this thread, I believe that Cal did not participate in an illegal hunt nor did he violate the Lacy Act. The hunt included a licensed DG PH and the landowner is a PH as well. All paperwork should reflect this fact. Cal did not pay and money to MS. He paid the landowner, Basie Kuhn.

This begs the question. Was MS paid money by Basie? I can't believe that MS would engage in this activity without renumeration. I may be wrong and he accompanied Cal out of the goodness of his heart and not for money but I sincerely doubt it. If he was paid by Basie, how was it structured? He isn't a RSA licensed PH, he isn't a RSA registered tour guide and he probably doesn't have a work visa or whatever paperwork is necessary to work in RSA. If he was paid for this hunt, the problem is between Basie, MS and the RSA government. Maybe he was paid a "consulting fee" to an offshore or USA based account. Who knows? Cal?

Bottom line, it does not appear that Cal participated in an illegal hunt due to the presence and oversight of Johann the RSA licensed PH. However, MS may have been improperly or illegally paid if he received money for participating or "conducting" on this hunt. Perhaps in any future hunts booked by Shawn for this hunt, MS will be paid by Shawn in the USA as a "consultant" out of the booking fees paid in the USA.

Just my $.02

Regards,
RCG


I have read the first 7 pages of this thread and I do have one thing to mention.

It seems all legal paperwork was done. The only question is MS's role in the hunt. I don't think it is illegal for MS to participate in the hunt as long as a PH is present. As far as I know I don't think it is illegal for a member of the hunting party to take the lead on the hunt.

Then comes remuneration question for MS. When Tiger Woods goes to Emirates to play golf or Roger Federer goes there to play tennis in an insignificant tournament they get paid an appearance fee (in 7 figures) to attend. That draws attendance and publicity to the venue.

If the landowner pays an appearance fee to MS to socialize and hunt with paying clients in order to get those clients, again I don't see anything illegal in this. Also, from what I have seen the cost of the hunt even with MS present does not seem to be higher than other RSA Cape Buffalo hunts.

It might not be a hunt done according to one's ideals and views but I would not say it is illegal.


Cal did not do anything wrong.

He met all LEGAL requirements in South Africa.

But, the big questions is why advertise, and title, a hunt report as being conducted by someone who is not legally licensed to conducts hunts.

See the video, where Sullivan himself says HE is conducting hunts.

In Cal’s report, and in the video, Mark Sullivan IS guiding, which is most certainly NOT legal, as he does NOT hold a professional hunting license to conduct hunts in South Africa.

Basically, it is all just plain Mark Sullivan make believe.

What you see is NOT the truth!

His agent was advertising “come hunt with Mark Sullivan in South Africa”.

This is most certainly a crooked lie, and most importantly very misleading!


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Tanks:
You are correctd, the hunt was 100% legal. Mark was not paid by myself or any hunter. The presence of a SA PH was completely above board and I have a letter from an official in the fame department stating the hunt was legal.
Cal


_______________________________

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
______________________________
 
Posts: 6861 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Here it is

Anyone doing ANY job, paid or unpaid, in a foreign country without the required license is breaking the law in that country.

And a criminal.

This applies to every country in the world.

And Americans participating in these hunts are leaving themselves open to legal actions from American authorities!

Cal, YOU have not done anything illegal.

YOU participating in a hunt, as specified by yourself, being conducted by Mark Sullivan, and you knowingly aware that he is NOT licensed to conduct such a hunt, might negatively affect you with the authorities in the United States.

Keep trying to sugar over it, and I will keep reminding you of the simple fact that your friend, Mark Sullivan, IS conducting hunts in South Africa ILLEGALLY!


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Here it is. Advertised as him conducting hunts in South Africa! Totally ILLEGAL as he does not hold a professional hunters license in South Africa!

Anyone doing ANY job, paid or unpaid, in a foreign country without the required license is breaking the law in that country.

And a criminal.

This applies to every country in the world.
...



That video shows him as the client not PH.



Also, you stating the hunt is done illegally and adding the FUD of US authorities is disingenuous at best. MS participation might be working around the law but the way it is structured does not seem to be illegal as every legal requirement is met.

In regards to the comment about anyone doing ANY job with or without pay without a permit is breaking the law. That is FUD as well. When I sail a boat to ports on the Mediterranean I do not need to get work permits for people that are crewing the boat for the few days or week we would be in that country's waters. Last summer no one asked for permits at Cyprus, Rhodes, Bodrum, etc., etc..
 
Posts: 944 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Sounds like a stroke to me but could be a video issue?


After watching the video Saaed posted I agree. He speaks slowly and as if he is focusing on every word. There might be something going on.


USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
 
Posts: 529 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed wants to know if you slept in separate beds :-)
 
Posts: 18694 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Saeed wants to know if you slept in separate beds :-)


Bwaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha beer


DRSS
 
Posts: 2101 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is the hunt offer, posted by his agent, that got the ball rolling.

Several professional hunters from South Africa complained about it.

Then it all got re-unforced by Cal stating that South Africa only issue professional; hunters licenses to citizens of South Africa.

Cal stated that he has a "tour guide" license - no idea what the hell that is.

And for anyone claiming that visitors to a country, are legally allowed to work in a job they do not hold a permit for is day dreaming.

I suppose I can fly to the US tomorrow and open a plastic surgeons hospital and I am not a doctor.

I know, many have done, I understand in Florida, but it is NOT legal.

By the way, I don't care if they sleep in the same bed, question is, what positions are they in?


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Here it is.

From Shawn Joyce, his booking agent in answer to a question from a professional hunter from South Africa.



Hi Shawn

The question has come up two times no with no answer given. By me asking it will be for the third time.

Is Mr Sullivan a registered Professional Hunter in South Africa and when did he get is license to act as a professional hunter.
Further more did he have his Plains Game license uplifted from PG to DG? and when did that happen?

Although Mr Sullivan has all the experience and knowledge to guide a client on a PG or DG hunt, his Tanzanian Professional Hunters license does not allow him to guide in South Africa.

Could you please be so kind to answer.

Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris.

Hi Bossie sorry for not replying directly to your post. That aspect is referred to and noted in the first post and I thought it was clear. Sorry if it was not. From the first post:

…for the first time, you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH*
* (RSA DG PH also present)

MS is not a registered PH in RSA. He will however be present on the hunt as noted. Hope this is what you wanted to understand.

Best always,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
You forgot to include Bossie's post later on in the advertising thread. And the other PHs wished them good luck in selling these hunts in that thread as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
MS is not a registered PH in RSA. He will however be present on the hunt as noted.


Would that be in the capacity of an unarmed "observer/advisor" ?


I think, as long as there is an RSA DG Professional Hunters present at all times it makes no difference if MS carries a gun or not.

The hunt is overseen by an RSA DG PH and that is perfectly legal.

Shawn can be glad he is not advertising this hunt to be conducted in Zimbabwe. They would have been all over him for that.

Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
 
Posts: 944 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I never said Mark had a license to be a tour guide in SA. Saeed twists words to attack those he hates. Bottom line, Saeed, more than anyone, has kept Mark's name to the headlines of Accurate Reloading. The topic should have died long ago.
And, the hunt was reviewed by the SA game department and a letter was sent to me stating the legality of the hunt--by all parties involved.
Cal


_______________________________

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
______________________________
 
Posts: 6861 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Operating as a professional hunter, in any country, without the proper license is ILLEGAL.

And whoever is conducting hunts in any country without the proper license issued in that country is just plain CRIMINAL!

This is a world wide rule!

What is the point of making it a requirement to obtain a necessary license to work, if you just fly into a country and bloody well do what you wish??


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to hear from anyone who is a lawyer in the US, and can explain the labor and work laws in America.

If we take the present discussion as a starting point.

A foreign national, Fred, comes to the US and obtains a permit to work as a taxi driver.

He finds a crooked agent who is promoting medical services in America.

This crooked agent then advertises, on the Internet, that the World Famous Dr. Fred is in Miami and offering his service as a heart transplant doctor, at unbelievably modest price.

Would the American authorities allow “Dr Fred” to operate under these circumstances??


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
That's a straw man argument. The two are not the same.

In a hunt the PH has control. If the PH lets someone else take the lead that is his purview. Still the PH is the one responsible for the hunt. As far as I know there are no regulations against it in RSA and the letter Cal has gotten from the game department proves it.

By the way speaking of legal hunts I am curious about something. I was looking into doing a 21 day hunt in Tanzania (inspired by yours). The most amount of buffalo on the 21 day license seems to be 3 by multiple outfits I have asked.

That is like an afternoons count for you. How are you able to shoot so many buffalo on a 21 day license. Are you bringing people along and using the quota on their licenses (I was told that was not allowed)? Or does your outfitter have a special deal with the Tanzanian government?
 
Posts: 944 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
That's a straw man argument. The two are not the same.

In a hunt the PH has control. If the PH lets someone else take the lead that is his purview. Still the PH is the one responsible for the hunt. As far as I know there are no regulations against it in RSA and the letter Cal has gotten from the game department proves it.

By the way speaking of legal hunts I am curious about something. I was looking into doing a 21 day hunt in Tanzania (inspired by yours). The most amount of buffalo on the 21 day license seems to be 3 by multiple outfits I have asked.

That is like an afternoons count for you. How are you able to shoot so many buffalo on a 21 day license. Are you bringing people along and using the quota on their licenses (I was told that was not allowed)? Or does your outfitter have a special deal with the Tanzanian government?


You can purchase several 21 licenses if you wish, and shoot whatever animals on the licenses as long as they are on quota for that concession.

I shot 2 lions last year too.

Others have done the same.

The game scout has all the relevant licenses, and he has, together with the professional hunter, sign off on every animal shot, right at the location of the kill.

They don’t hunt ear tagged buffalo hunts in Tanzania conducted by FAKES.
This does not distract from the fact that Mark Sullivan was never licenses to guide paying clients in South Africa.

Whether a South African licensed professional hunter is present or not, advertising HIM as the guide is a crooked lie, illegal, misleading, and CAN get one on the wrong side of the US Lacey Act.

Cal, KNOWINGLY going to hunt with Mark Sullivan as a guide CAN get him into trouble.

As Mark Sullivan IS breaking the South African laws regarding him NOT being licensed to work as a professional hunter.


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
...
You can purchase several 21 licenses if you wish, and shoot whatever animals on the licenses as long as they are on quota for that concession.
.


Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware one could buy multiple 21 day licenses. That was one question I did not ask.
 
Posts: 944 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
...
This does not distract from the fact that Mark Sullivan was never licenses to guide paying clients in South Africa.

Whether a South African licensed professional hunter is present or not, advertising HIM as the guide is a crooked lie, illegal, misleading, and CAN get one on the wrong side of the US Lacey Act.

Cal, KNOWINGLY going to hunt with Mark Sullivan as a guide CAN get him into trouble.

As Mark Sullivan IS breaking the South African laws regarding him NOT being licensed to work as a professional hunter.


From where I sit it seems they did find a loophole, an RSA DG PH being present in order to adhere to RSA law. It being illegal under those circumstances is your opinion not fact. On the advertisement you linked it was mentioned that there would be an RSA PH being present along with the PH's license number.

Now, if you are going to knock Cal for hunting "an ear-tagged buffalo" at RSA might as well knock every hunter that has ever hunted at RSA because all game animals there are on farms.

Kinda elitist don't you think?
 
Posts: 944 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
...
This does not distract from the fact that Mark Sullivan was never licenses to guide paying clients in South Africa.

Whether a South African licensed professional hunter is present or not, advertising HIM as the guide is a crooked lie, illegal, misleading, and CAN get one on the wrong side of the US Lacey Act.

Cal, KNOWINGLY going to hunt with Mark Sullivan as a guide CAN get him into trouble.

As Mark Sullivan IS breaking the South African laws regarding him NOT being licensed to work as a professional hunter.


From where I sit it seems they did find a loophole, an RSA DG PH being present in order to adhere to RSA law. It being illegal under those circumstances is your opinion not fact. On the advertisement you linked it was mentioned that there would be an RSA PH being present along with the PH's license number.

Now, if you are going to knock Cal for hunting "an ear-tagged buffalo" at RSA might as well knock every hunter that has ever hunted at RSA because all game animals there are on farms.

Kinda elitist don't you think?


The same rules applies to every single “hunter” who has fallen for Sean’s lies about promoting hunting WITH MARK SULLIVAN!

I can assure you there are many on this forum, from both the US and other countries, who have expressed their utter disgust at this sort of advertising hunts.

How can a hunt be offered as guided by an an alien who is NOT LEGALLY licensed to perform such a hunt??

Several South African professional hunters have also expressed their anger at this hunt offer.


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
...

Several South African professional hunters have also expressed their anger at this hunt offer.


It seems they were fine after it was clear that there was going to be an RSA PH present. I even quoted the response of one at a post above.

Now, would I personally do it for a 3 day hunt? No, but obviously others did at the time.
 
Posts: 944 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
...

Several South African professional hunters have also expressed their anger at this hunt offer.


It seems they were fine after it was clear that there was going to be an RSA PH present. I even quoted the response of one at a post above.

Now, would I personally do it for a 3 day hunt? No, but obviously others did at the time.


They are not.

Their objection was to the fact that an advert was posted for hunts WITH MARK SULLIVAN.

Plain and simple.

The advert was for a hunt GUIDED BY MARK SULLIVAN!

There was never any mention that the hunt was with the South African professional hunter, accompanied by Mark Sullivan!

There is a world of difference between the two.

Sean’s adverts were not just misleading, but under many circumstances ILLEGAL!


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
For myself and others here on the forum: can you give us a possible date in the future when you will let the Sullivan issue go? I mean you say the same thing countless times--over and over. There is nothing new in your posts and it seems like you are trying to convince others here to join you in your obsessive and jihadist hatred.

You have sunk so low, you fabricate absolute lies to make your point. I never said Mark was a licensed guide of any type. You state Mark was kicked out of countries for game violations but you never produce any facts. The story you posted of Mark getting his ass kicked in a bar by other PHs was another of your made up stories.

You really take away your credibility when you 1) make up outright lies and 2) post the same hatred endlessly. (Notice Mark does not attack you or anyone else? the man has character).

So, perhpas you can give us an idea of when you will have your fill and bring it to an end. Or, will it go on and on and on with no end in sight? But no matter what you do nothing will change. The haters will hate, folks like myself will continue to be friends with Mark, and Mark will continue to hunt.

I would imagine with all of your money and toys you can come up with a better direction for your emotion and energy. Perhaps the anti hunters would be a good place to begin.

Anyway, cheers and I will look forward to your furure posts.
Cal


_______________________________

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
______________________________
 
Posts: 6861 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Saeed:
For myself and others here on the forum: can you give us a possible date in the future when you will let the Sullivan issue go? I mean you say the same thing countless times--over and over. There is nothing new in your posts and it seems like you are trying to convince others here to join you in your obsessive and jihadist hatred.

You have sunk so low, you fabricate absolute lies to make your point. I never said Mark was a licensed guide of any type. You state Mark was kicked out of countries for game violations but you never produce any facts. The story you posted of Mark getting his ass kicked in a bar by other PHs was another of your made up stories.

You really take away your credibility when you 1) make up outright lies and 2) post the same hatred endlessly. (Notice Mark does not attack you or anyone else? the man has character).

So, perhpas you can give us an idea of when you will have your fill and bring it to an end. Or, will it go on and on and on with no end in sight? But no matter what you do nothing will change. The haters will hate, folks like myself will continue to be friends with Mark, and Mark will continue to hunt.

I would imagine with all of your money and toys you can come up with a better direction for your emotion and energy. Perhaps the anti hunters would be a good place to begin.

Anyway, cheers and I will look forward to your furure posts.
Cal


Cal,

I have an inbred dislike for crooks.

Crooks who are self serving, to the extent they stoop so low to try any trick to circumvent the hunting laws of any country, I have absolutely no respect for.

I did not start this.

You and Sean did.

Sean by posting hunt offers here which we already seen are illegal.

And you posting a hunt report with an individual who is not legally allowed to conduct hunts.

Your claim you did not pay him might be true.

But he is being paid by the farm owner, as evidenced by Sean’s adverts, and Mark Sullivan himself on the videos promoting them.

Stop promoting idiots here, and you won’t have any problems with me.


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed is a great man, a great hunter.
And he has greated this big iformation-place for al of us and for free.

But...
I can`t understand his "hate on MS".

The law...
a.)
As long as an PH is the hunting-team, nobody cares "who is leading" the hunt, as long as everyting is secure, legal (land and licence) and the right aninmal is "on the target".

b.)
Gentleman, we are in Afrika.

Best wishes.
F.


 
Posts: 839 | Registered: 13 March 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bockhunter:
Saeed is a great man, a great hunter.
And he has greated this big iformation-place for al of us and for free.

But...
I can`t understand his "hate on MS".

The law...
a.)
As long as an PH is the hunting-team, nobody cares "who is leading" the hunt, as long as everyting is secure, legal (land and licence) and the right aninmal is "on the target".

b.)
Gentleman, we are in Afrika.

Best wishes.
F.


It is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

But, on my site, no shady adverts for crooked, unlicensed, and as far as I am concerned, ILLEGAL hunts should be advertised.

When I see an advert to hunt with Mark Sullivan, I expect him to be properly licensed in that country to conduct hunts.

When I see his promotional videos promoting these hunts, I expect him to be legally licensed to conduct them.

You might feel I am wrong, which is fine, but those involved in this shady operation should stay away from AR.

Funny how Cal is quick to come to AR to complain about other operators, where he was not allowed to do so on other websites??!!

The crooks who took him for a ride, he sees fit to use AR to air his unhappiness with them.

But if others see his hero showing himself as a faker, and liar, he gets upset??!

The kind truly boggles at the stupidity of some people.


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 56454 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
One difference is I will make my point in a post and it's over. I dont go on for years making 1500-2000 posts that say the same thing. Letting one man have so much control over you can't be good for your health. Let it go. He does not advertise here. Lighten up, mate.
You have the last word (of course) on the subject.
Cal


_______________________________

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
______________________________
 
Posts: 6861 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 
 

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!

Copyright December 1997-2021 Accuratereloading.com


Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia