The Accurate Reloading Forums
shoulda know better

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/619104082/m/532108514

30 January 2006, 23:03
butchloc
shoulda know better
so it was a bit rainy out saturday & i wanted to do a bit of shooting. Took the 50 out to the range, but it was getting to crappy to stay outside. Our range has a small building for just such conditions. You sit down at the bench, stick the muzzle out a window and blast away. I should have figured it out before, but when the muzzle brake of a 50 is just outside of a window - well it shatters 3 panes of glass really quick.
31 January 2006, 04:23
gixxer
cool, but not cool. Wish I was there to see it!
31 January 2006, 04:51
Cheechako
butchloc

And don't shoot over the hood of your pickup either. Red Face

Ray

Arizona Mountains
31 January 2006, 06:13
baboon
I took mine once to show a friend out of town.The weather was crappy,but he insisted that we go over to one of his friends.

In the mean time a couple of guys called a couple of guys.We get to this guys private range.He's got a small tin building with a bench inside.There where about 8 guys in this small-ass tin shed.Everyone wanted to shoot as this was the first .50 any of them had seen.

No one had ear or eye protection other then me and the guy how onwed the place.I shot first as most guys just wanted to see the recoil before they commited.

On the first shot the blast kicked up all the loose sand that was on the bench basically sandblasting every one else other then me.It blew out all kinds of insulation from the walls and roof and all this little knats came out.

I decided that I was not going to shoot it any more myself,but they started taking turns.Seven of the eight got to shoot it.The last guy in line just gave up.

It really messed up the guys shed,but most everyone loved it.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
01 February 2006, 03:06
julianmb
my trg 42 in 338 lapua with muzzle brake had a similar effect inside our fully enclosed 25m pistol club Big Grin
01 February 2006, 03:44
Collins
Shameless self promotion follows but this REALLY shows the blast pattern from the Steyr HS-50

Prone, Very Slo-mo

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

04 February 2006, 08:11
Shane006
Sweet video Collins.
04 February 2006, 23:39
577NitroExpress
Collins:

Is that the AR muzzel break on your rifle?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...