The Accurate Reloading Forums
Who is making the best contender Barrels now?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6121043/m/2781009411

12 August 2009, 07:27
Al West
Who is making the best contender Barrels now?
Evening Gents,

Thinking I might like a brand new 7-30 Waters bbl. approx 18 in. long for my contender. Would appreciate any input RE who is making the best (quality and accuracy) bbls. right now?

Thanks and happy hunting.
12 August 2009, 08:41
Bobby Tomek
www.matchgrademachine.com gets my vote. Their turnaround is generally around a month, and the quality is simply superb.

Plus, they may already have what you want in their existing inventory.

The first target below was 10 shots, if I remember correctly.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

13 August 2009, 04:23
Woodrow S
I like the barrels Gary Reeder builds. I have many and the quality is as good as anyone else on the market. His prices are very tough to beat as well. reedercustomguns.com
13 August 2009, 04:49
xsskeet
My vote would be MGM! I picked up a 24" 7-30 from them awhile back and could not be more pleased. Fit and Finish is outstanding!

21 August 2009, 07:07
Al West
Gents,
Thanks for the insight. I have found this site and the forums to be the best around. Once again I haave not been disappointed.
Happy hunting!
22 August 2009, 02:37
skb2706
I have MGM, Bullberry and several custom shop barrels. I don't own a OTT or an SSK but I know many who do.

From all accounts they all make excellent barrels. For my money I like MGM as well as any and would probably go with them again.