The Accurate Reloading Forums
Big Game ocean fishing off NZ

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5621043/m/997100188

23 June 2008, 01:37
StormsGSP
Big Game ocean fishing off NZ
Are there many Tuna/Marlin charters going out of NZ? Any of you done it before? What do trips cost?

Thanks,
Alex

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden
23 June 2008, 02:31
Fjold
I fished with some friends on a private boat, no marlin, but great Kingfish.

Charters can be found online:
http://www.profishing2000.co.nz/

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

23 June 2008, 04:48
StormsGSP
Thanks Fjold. Great link. I really want to go Marlin fishing. Which is my better bet, New Zealand or Australia?

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden
23 June 2008, 05:38
TOP_PREDATOR
Bay of islands in New Zealand is where most of the Marlin fishing is based.

$1000+ day,costs may have gone up with fuels prices.

You could fish Australia and New Zealand in one trip,as its only 3 hour flight between countries.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

23 June 2008, 07:58
gryphon1
If you want a 1000 + pounder (Black) try for Cairns

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002
30 June 2008, 00:50
StormsGSP
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
If you want a 1000 + pounder (Black) try for Cairns

A grander would be incredible, but I just want to get out there and give it a try.

Thanks for all the info.

30 June 2008, 09:30
jdollar
unless you are going to NZ for another reason and just want to marlin fish, go to Costa Rica, Panama or maybe Baja California(Mexico). a lot closer , cheaper and the marlin fishing( as well as tuna, dorada, etc) is out of this world. no offence to the KIWIS!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…