The Accurate Reloading Forums
NZ Army Woolen DPM Jacket??

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5621043/m/713108392

01 July 2005, 15:16
nightwalker uk
NZ Army Woolen DPM Jacket??
Has anybody had experience of NZ army DPM jacket with detatchable (zippered) hood, labelled inside 'DefenceProperty - Wanganui Woolen Mills Ltd'.
Are they a Swandri? Are they any good for hunting, maybe got the chance of one, what kind of price for a second hand one??
Help would be greatly received!!
01 July 2005, 15:28
Hamish
Gidday nightwalker,

Yep you are right the Jacket is a swandri made in Wanganui. They are bloody good pieces of kit and really warm. I do suggest that you sew apiece if nylon to the coat tail as this is perfect for sitting on wet ground.

Price?? They sell in the surplus stores for about NZ$80 so bearing in mind the normal cost of living in the UK anywhere from 50 to 80 quid would be fair.

Happy Hunting

Hamish
06 July 2005, 12:15
nightwalker uk
Thanks for your reply Hamish, it did look good but on ebay ended up just over £50, so thought against it, not being able to try it on etc.
Thought £50 would be better invested in huntech, swazi or such like.
Thanks again for your help, good hunting
Nightwalker.
06 July 2005, 15:30
muzza
NWUK - is the bush shirt the Stalker jacket in Thermofleece Fabric ? Listed at NZ$199 in the Huntech catalogue ? Or the Hooded Bush shirt with 1/2 length front zip and large pocket on the left breast ? These are priced at NZ$89, and made from 350 weight fleece .

At 1 pound to three and a bit NZ dollars either of them is a cheap new garment for you , even with the cost of postage ....

Old enough to know better
06 July 2005, 18:13
nightwalker uk
Muzza, it was the cheaper one of the 2, yes the price looks very good, will look into it in more detail at a later date, might need to speak to you more about this....
Nightwalker
07 July 2005, 00:59
muzza
PM me if you want to look into getting a bushshirt - I can do the dealings from this end for you .

Old enough to know better