The Accurate Reloading Forums
Franz/Fox Glacier areas

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5621043/m/2141092552

18 November 2019, 05:35
TrademarkTexan
Franz/Fox Glacier areas
My wife and I are planning a return trip next July for our 15th anniversary. We will spend a couple of nights in Franz/Fox area. Looking for recommendations on lodging, restaurants, and possible hliocopter tours/hunting.

Any thoughts on the best places to stay and eat in these areas?

Also, any leads on someone who would be willing to give us a heli tour with a possibility of hunting tahr or Chamois?

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.
18 November 2019, 11:11
TOP_PREDATOR
James Scott is the helicopter company to use on West Coast.

+64 3 7510 853+64 3 7510 853
P.O Box 40 Fox Glacier 7859
fox_heli@xtra.co.nz

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

18 November 2019, 15:29
wazza56
what he said

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry
18 November 2019, 22:18
Nakihunter
Jamie Scott has a great reputation. Also contact Gerald Telford who operates out of Wanaka. Posts as Highlander here. His wife is a fixed wing pilot.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."
19 November 2019, 07:47
TrademarkTexan
Thanks all, much appreciated. Any advice on places to stay or eat in the area?

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.
19 November 2019, 21:28
shankspony
They are both tourist towns, and in general the food is good but expensive. Try the Cooks Saddle in Fox if you enjoy a barbecue rib or burger and chips type meal. In general they are small villages that cater for high tourist numbers and you can walk the streets in ten minutes and check out all the eateries until you find something that appeals. The accomodation is similar, and you will get a clean room and beds with shower at any of the motels for around 160-240 NZD, or if you want something better, try searching for a bed a breakfast which I think there will be a few in the area.
When you say heli- tour/hunting, are you looking for a drop off and days stalking? or a helihunt?