The Accurate Reloading Forums
African bush flying

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/558107455/m/400101855

23 October 2006, 11:40
shakari
African bush flying
Thought some of you guys might enjoy these.....

23 October 2006, 20:10
Clem
thumb

That is something I've always wanted to do. I wonder the difficulty of a US citizen renting a plane in Africa for a couple hours of flight seeing.
23 October 2006, 22:20
shakari
It's pretty easy. - If you have a PPL, my buddy is just setting up a guided self fly safari operation. It'll be based in SA and operate in SA, Botswana & Mozambique etc.

I don't know much about it, but think it'll work by the clients flying into RSA, doing a conversion/approval to whatever (hire) aircraft is appropriate and he guides 2 or 3 planes/crews in his kitfox. The idea is to spend a day or two at each safari lodge...... each trip will be individually planned to the clients wishes......

If anyone out there is interested, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide details....

24 October 2006, 02:50
The Buck Stopper
Excellent pictures. I really hope that one guy has a parachute!

Time is but the stream I go a'fishing on
27 October 2006, 11:01
lawndart
Hey Steve,

The Kitfox factory is now located here in Homedale, Idaho!

If you need help with parts or what-not, let me know.

LD

I love those pictures.

27 October 2006, 14:28
shakari
Thanks, will do...... glad you liked the pics. The legs who look like they fell out is actually a guy standing on his hands and the Kitfox is doing a low pass.....great timing huh?

27 October 2006, 19:28
hamdeni
Steve,

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

hamdeni Smiler

06 November 2006, 19:46
dustoffer
Got those elephants in the first pic for a push start? Or, do you have them trained to spin the prop for you?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"
06 November 2006, 20:35
shakari
No, they just grab a wing each and fling us into the air....... jumping