THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Looking for a project 458 WM "Beater gun"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a project 458 WM "Beater gun"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for another one that can be restocked and chopped up for a Alaskan Hunt..Maybe even a forest elephant hunt too? Control feedborefered but may consider other?
WHATCHGOT faint

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6047 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a barreled action in 458wm. It started as a Mark X in 7mmRM. Dennis Olson added an Obendorf style bolthandle, a square bridge with intergral peep sight, a 22.5" .458 barrel in medium contour, a barrel mounted recoil lug, barrel mounted sling mount, NECG banded front sight, 3 pos Dakota safety and the action was surface ground. It is blued and complete except for a stock.

The only problem is that it is in the lower 48(in a family member's safe) and I am all the way up here in Barrow. I should be down there in a few weeks if you aren't in too much of a hurry.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 5775 | Location: The North Slope, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM SENT tu2

Posts: 6047 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a pre-64 mod 70 in 458 Win, a rebarrel, for sale at a local gunshop here in MN. WAs asking less than $650 if IRC. PM or email for phone number.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

Professional Member, American Custom Gunmakers Guild,

Posts: 5207 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of these Zastava M70s from these guys would work: Zastava M70

They sold a bunch of them over the past few months. It is a standard Mauser-controlled feed. I have one in 30-06 with the double set triggers that is going off to JES Reboring to make into a 338-06. The actions could use some polishing but the price is right at $379.

Good luck

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 941 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh dear, is a .458wm carbine at 6lbs on the way?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 2967 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Oh dear, is a .458wm carbine at 6lbs on the way?
BOOM
YOU KNOW IT!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Kobe

Do you know if the pre-64 458 you mentioned is still for sale? If it is could you send me the shop number.

Sincerely Tpr.1919

Posts: 46 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 04 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry but it was purchased and in a custom shop now...
Soon to become "SILVERTIP" dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Deals like that don't last long.

Posts: 46 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 04 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent you a PM...My cell is 504 717 0084 Tom

quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
I have a barreled action in 458wm. It started as a Mark X in 7mmRM. Dennis Olson added an Obendorf style bolthandle, a square bridge with intergral peep sight, a 22.5" .458 barrel in medium contour, a barrel mounted recoil lug, barrel mounted sling mount, NECG banded front sight, 3 pos Dakota safety and the action was surface ground. It is blued and complete except for a stock.

The only problem is that it is in the lower 48(in a family member's safe) and I am all the way up here in Barrow. I should be down there in a few weeks if you aren't in too much of a hurry.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent. Might have what you want

Cheers. Luke

Posts: 254 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post