THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg 22; (Sold)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Stuff all gone. As in, nothing here to see, buy, or anything else.

Posts: 13740 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
That’s one of the very finest and rare (and very rare to find unscrubbed) milsurp 98 actions ever made. Hard to believe you are selling that one so cheap!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3123 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
True; the Polish Radom is better than any other makes of the 98, including commercial Oberndorf.
I can't seem to sell any actions any more; had guys back out after they said they wanted them. New guys think that building a rifle is a good idea until they add up the real cost and see that they can just go to Wal mart and buy a plastic 770 for $350.
I can't seem to sell actions for $150; I will throw them in the trash now. Only about a dozen left anyway. I won't give them away.

Posts: 13740 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Tom, more of my younger friends and guys at the club gravitate towards the more inexpensive Ruger and Savages. They shoot good, but don’t hold a candle to the steel Mauser action rifles... in my opinion.

I’d love to have you build a 6mm Remington on one of your actions; I just need to wait til you finish my Siamese Mauser.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 524 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want a 98 action for later let me know by text.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The saddest portion of this for me is; The value of this history is leaving us. We are ceasing to be able to care it seems.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2048 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a shame, the finest actions in the world are Mausers, and they are becoming a thing of the past.
I have little use for plastic stocks and stainless steel guns, short of Alaska I suppose, but thats just me and the sad 21st century, its a changing world and Rambo rules the woods..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 37848 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I can't seem to sell actions for $150; I will throw them in the trash now. Only about a dozen left anyway. I won't give them away.

Tom, I tried to explain in your other thread why they won't sell.

You have modified actions, with a mixture of parts. When I asked for pictures, you sent me blurry pictures with little to no information.

When I pressed for more information you told me they were piles of parts and you assembled them when someone wanted an action.

I asked you for details and pricing for all 30 actions, but all you replied was that they were all the same.

I have no idea the condition of the parts, if all the parts are good, what parts are missing, the origin of the parts, if they have been modified, drilled, tapped, altered, or changed, if they are military, commercial, pitted, rusted, ground on, lapped, tweaked, welded on, or any myriad of other things I have gotten from "gunsmiths".

If you have sold 18 actions in the last 5 months then your selling them, so it sounds like you just need to keep plugging away. OR, you could take a few pictures and provide a clear description with all the relevant information that customers want.

I have no issues selling actions, priced according to market, with good photo's and descriptions.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are right; these are all in a pile of parts so of course they are not matching, and while none are rusted, and all are in good condition, some were surface ground and some not, they aren't mine and I don't want to put any more time into selling them. And they are selling; my comments about them not selling mean that only a few short years ago, they would not have lasted one day.
I'm just trying to help a friend. Doesn't matter if they sell or not.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Its a shame, the finest actions in the world are Mausers, and they are becoming a thing of the past.
I have little use for plastic stocks and stainless steel guns, short of Alaska I suppose, but thats just me and the sad 21st century, its a changing world and Rambo rules the woods..

Hell I think even Rambo retired.

BIG GUNS, FAST CARS AND SLOW WOMEN!

Posts: 552 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
You are right; these are all in a pile of parts so of course they are not matching, and while none are rusted, and all are in good condition, some were surface ground and some not, they aren't mine and I don't want to put any more time into selling them. And they are selling; my comments about them not selling mean that only a few short years ago, they would not have lasted one day.
I'm just trying to help a friend. Doesn't matter if they sell or not.

Have him send me a list of the parts and a price.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
He doesn't know a Mauser from a Mossburg 22.

one of us
posted Hide Post
before you throw it away I will give you something for it

Posts: 77 | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom. PM sent.

Posts: 474 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kolo; no, you guys aren't getting it; everything is halted and there will be no more actions sold. They will be stripped and the receivers destroyed. I don't have time for it, and my trying to help a friend turned into a disaster. You wouldn't believe the number of guys who said they wanted something, changed their mind. NO not because of pictures.
Off the market, means, off the market, as in; it's over for Mauser actions..