The Accurate Reloading Forums
Anyone from Norway? Speak the language?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5221043/m/338101656

11 April 2007, 07:59
acsteele
Anyone from Norway? Speak the language?
Hello gentlemen!

I know this really doesn't fit here, and I have posted same question on the European hunting and political sections. But, I thought someone here might be able to help.

I have a favor to ask. My family will be hosting a foreign exchange student from Norway next school year.
She and her whole family speak several languages, including French, English, Swedish, and of course, Norwegian.

I would like to at least be able to pronounce her name without sounding like a fool, and to make her feel as comfortable here as possible.

Her name Ida Tylleskaer
Fathers name is Thorkild Tylleskaer
Mothers name is Carren Tylleskaer

any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Joe

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.
11 April 2007, 22:19
Brice
Don't worry. Just ask them the proper pronunciation. Most folks are flattered that you care. It's a good conversation starter.
11 April 2007, 23:55
David Walther
quote:
Originally posted by acsteele:
Hello gentlemen!

I know this really doesn't fit here, and I have posted same question on the European hunting and political sections. But, I thought someone here might be able to help.

I have a favor to ask. My family will be hosting a foreign exchange student from Norway next school year.
She and her whole family speak several languages, including French, English, Swedish, and of course, Norwegian.

I would like to at least be able to pronounce her name without sounding like a fool, and to make her feel as comfortable here as possible.

Her name Ida Tylleskaer
Fathers name is Thorkild Tylleskaer
Mothers name is Carren Tylleskaer

any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Joe

You may phone me. I live in Norway so the number is +47 38709262.

-------------------------------------
Hmmm, coffee is good. Too bad that without it my head goes bananas. I should quit but hmmm, coffee is good!
-------------------------------------