The Accurate Reloading Forums
Question for JuanPozzi

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/915108606

18 January 2007, 03:18
calgarychef1
Question for JuanPozzi
I figured I'd post this in the forum as it would interest everyone. Suppose you were jumped by a big puma/mountin lion and only had a knife at hand. What would be the best/fastest way to kill the lion or to render it harmless. I see that pigs go down quickly with a blade insertion to the heart, what about disemboweling? I only as as a hypothetical question-much like the eternal discussion in the Alaska forum over which gun kills a brown bear faster. If my memory serves me correctly there was a man around here a couple years back who fought off a cougar with a knife-I think he killed it but I might be wrong.

thanks

The chef
18 January 2007, 10:06
mete
That was on Vancouver Island. The man had a pocket knife that he killed the cat with. He was seriously injured and very lucky as it turned out that he had unusual blood that coagulated far faster than typical blood.A knife into the neck blood vessels or heart will give the cat time to do great damage.Remember that the cat will attack from behind -wear a football helmet and neck brace ! rotflmo
18 January 2007, 18:43
calgarychef1
Did anyone ever say what size the cat was, or exactly where he used the knife on it?
18 January 2007, 20:11
mete
I've read the complete details ,injuries to him and the cat.It was talked about extensively in the knife forums and a.g.russell sent him a more appropriate knife .The coagulating blood info came out later .Those are all the details I remember.
18 January 2007, 22:37
mete
See www.cougarinfo.com/attacks3.htm scroll to 2002 - 01 August
21 January 2007, 21:42
juanpozzi
You need to injure the heart ,any other organ except neurologic damage ,leaves a lot of time to the cat ,atacking the abdominal area isnt correct unless you have luck and injure the aorta .In self defense against humans you can perform smal cut because they have a great phsycological impact ,but this isnt correct on wild predators .Isugest you seeing www.sayoc.com and train a bit too.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-
21 January 2007, 23:39
mete
Sayoc passed away earlier this month !! Frowner
22 January 2007, 05:48
juanpozzi
Its a pitty do you practice kali ,i practiced a lot of martial arts but i found kali knife techniques very useful.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
22 January 2007, 13:42
mete
No ,I don't practice kali . I only try to teach knife makers about metallurgy !!
22 January 2007, 18:03
juanpozzi
When you have time you can came and visit me and we can practice a bit and hunting some boars with knife ,Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA