The Accurate Reloading Forums
CUT

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/635104272

26 May 2005, 03:36
blackbearhunter
CUT
I was reading about folks getting cut accidentally handling knifes in the new blade mag.today.Anyone ever done this,getting cut looking and handling a knife at a store or gun/knife show?I have thought about it being easy to happen and come close buthave been lucky!I have been cut many times using knifes,especially when young.Whats your worst cut before by a knife,both of mine were with deer knifes non-folding sheathtype knifes,One cutting fish bait ,sliced half my fingerto the bone,the other fielddressing a 6point buck bowkill.......trying to split the breast bone,puma trail guide all most thru the middle of my hand!!I learned the hard way about razor sharp knifes and carelessness....
26 May 2005, 10:45
Mark
A long time ago I was learning how to polish japanese sword blades, and was polishing a small sword and managed to stab my middle finger on my left hand. I think I was 17 at the time. Anyway, I still have the scars on my finger- one where it went in and one where it came out!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside
26 May 2005, 22:57
HL
One thing I have found is I have been more prone to cut myself with a dull knife than with a very sharp one, due to having to work harder to try an cut something.

Never can have a knife too sharp.

HL
26 May 2005, 23:42
Paul H
I don't recall ever cutting myself while just handling a knife, though I think I was closing a swiss army knife and had the blade snap shut on a finger.

The worst cut was while dicing potatoes with a chef's knife. I nearly took the tip off of my index finger and have a notable semi-circle scar from the indident.

27 May 2005, 05:24
baboon
I remember when I was 16 everyone carried a Buck 110.And sanded the wood on one side so you could open it with you thumb.I cut my thumb pretty damm good first couple of trys.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.