The Accurate Reloading Forums
Sheath Maker Needed

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/5851075351

08 April 2011, 19:24
M1Tanker
Sheath Maker Needed
I have 3 knives I need sheathes made for - the bottom 3 knives in the photo. I want the sheath to be similar to the one in the photos - except to leave about 2" of handle exposed. The one in the photo makes it a little difficult to grab hold of. Basically a simple sheath made from heavy leather with enough friction to retain the knife. I also want it to have a gusset so the knife cant slice the stitching.

If anyone knows a good maker I would sure appreciate some contact info for them.

Thanks

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.
08 April 2011, 20:01
cordell
Hello Bill,
The guys and gals on Bladeforum.com will be able to help you out if you can't find something on here. Here are a few of mine. I think the top right one is the sheath you are looking for and this fellow is located in Wade North Carolina. I got your new address and phone# hope all is well with you and you have mended well.....Your friend ...cordell ...Hey it just dawned on me I never could post a picture on here...check your email...cordell
11 April 2011, 02:34
J Bennett
Bill

Look at www.rowesleather.com
I looked for some time before having him make me some sheaths. His attention to detail and overall workmanship is excellent. His prices and delivery time is very good. Just tell him what you want and he will do it.

James
11 April 2011, 04:33
Gatogordo
Those pouch sheaths are about the simplest to make of all types. Almost any good saddle/leather shop should be able to whip you out what you want in short order.

BTW Rowe does make good sheaths.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
11 April 2011, 06:15
gregintenn
The good news: I could do it pretty inexpensively.
The bad news: I'd really need your knives, or at least some detailed measurements of them.
20 June 2011, 01:02
TJR
I got an awesome sheath from Bob Schrap a few years ago. He is very good at what he does and a very nice guy.

http://www.customsheaths.com/designs.html

TR

==============
Todd J. Rathner
The T. Jeffrey Safari Company
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Please visit our BLOG: http://www.tjsafari.com/blog.cfm
21 June 2011, 04:46
D Humbarger
Go to knifedogs.com The best sheath makers in the USA hang out there.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.
22 June 2011, 04:07
Chief Engineer
Tree Stump Leather
24 June 2011, 02:18
Richard Florer
Hand made, hand sewn, hand decorated, custom design; all available from WYLD Ltd. Contact is: wyld_ltd@yahoo.com