The Accurate Reloading Forums
Light folders for every day

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/5321093942

23 January 2019, 18:21
StormsGSP
Light folders for every day
I have been carrying a few different Boker Urban Trappers on a daily basis over the past few years. https://www.bokerusa.com/pocke...rban-trapper-01bo730

There are a lot of things to like about this knife, it is incredibly light, I can wear it with dress slacks and it is comfortable and don't pull. The pocket clip is high on the knife, allowing it to really disappear in pocket. I hate having the top 20% of the knife sticking out of my pocket.

There are a few things that piss me off about it, mainly the pocket clip is weak- so it is prone to bending more open, and not gripping your pocket as tight. I lost my first one that way. Also, because it is so light, it feels a bit lacking in backbone strength.

Now to the question- what alternatives are out there? Under $200, light weight, high pocket clip, assisted opener or easy flip opener (as with the Boker), one hand close (so no lock on the middle of the handle), roughly 3" blade.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden
24 January 2019, 01:58
Live Oak
Benchmade Bugout.
24 January 2019, 02:39
richj
I'm a tip down kinda guy. I have 2 Kleckers. The clips are looped.

reversable clip

24 January 2019, 21:00
Texas Killartist
A G Russell one handed featherweight.
25 January 2019, 14:23
StormsGSP
Great suggestions, thanks guys

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden
26 January 2019, 02:59
mdstewart
I have a Gerber Paul Knife that I purchased in 1979 with then faux pearl colored grips. It is slightly used for my fly fishing trips and everyday carry, but in great shape. PM me if anyone might have an interest.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More