The Accurate Reloading Forums
Custom Sheath Maker - finished product

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/412101993

06 January 2006, 06:35
ForrestB
Custom Sheath Maker - finished product
I'd like to have a custom sheath made to hold a knife and a Leatherman tool. Do any of you have someone in mind that might be able to help me?

Thanks

06 January 2006, 07:24
DavidC
Forrest,

You may want to look up Vaughn Ringler(sp). Vaughn is a saddle maker who also does holsters, belts, slings, cartridge carriers...the works. I am sure he could make you a custom sheath.

He is located in either MT or WY. I have one of his price lists around here but, can't seem to find it at the moment. If & when I do I'll post his contact info. if no one beats me to it.

Regards,
Dave
06 January 2006, 08:07
foxfire
ForrestB,
I've used Fred at Art knives for three different sheaths. Two of them were 2 knife piggy backs and one was a lefty holster.
He does really nice work. He's very artsy a little weird and does a nice job. Figure it will take a month longer than he says but he does a nice job.
Art knives custom knives and sheaths

No good deed goes unpunished.
06 January 2006, 11:19
Jay Johnson
Clint Goodwin Northport Washington.

ssranchnp@hotmail.com
08 January 2006, 12:55
gotogirl3
Forrest, I'm about to do the same thing and will probably use Kenny Rowe in Hope Arkansas. Here is info on him:

Kenny Rowe

Keep us posted on what you decide and Good Luck!
08 January 2006, 12:59
Mark
You may want to try taking your knife and leatherman to a shoe repair place and see if the guy there can make you one. I had a shoemaker make me a buck-style sheath a number of years ago and he did it in half a day!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside
09 January 2006, 04:26
300 H-H
Call Brett Bronson at 605-985-5372 he is in western SD and does great work and i'm sure it will be very reasonable.
11 January 2006, 04:53
ForrestB
Thanks gents, and kind lady. One of these should pan out for me.

If not, I'll ask JefferyDenmark to make one for me.

11 January 2006, 06:55
<mikeh416Rigby>
Murray Leather has made custom sheaths for me in the past.
17 January 2006, 06:36
333_OKH
quote:
Forrest, I'm about to do the same thing and will probably use Kenny Rowe in Hope Arkansas. Here is info on him:

Kenny Rowe

I have used kenny and you will not be disappointed. He has a lot of work, so be patient with his response to e-mails, best to call him. I have some great work he did.
09 March 2006, 08:26
ForrestB
I saw Dick Murray at the Houston Safari Club Show and left him with $90 plus my knife and leatherman, so he could make a sheath for me. The sheath arrived yesterday. I sent it back today.

It looked like something my 9-year old son would make at summer camp. Seriously, it was that bad. I have more than a few of Murray's leather goods and this sheath doesn't even look like it came from the same shop.

I asked Murray to put the $90 towards another one of their guncases. I have little doubt that Murray will treat me right, but the sheath was a real disappointment.

Next up to bat is Kenny Rowe.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

10 March 2006, 00:46
new_guy
That's disapointing to hear about your sheath from Dick. His stuff is usaually good, utilitarian, but good.

Bud Shaul's stuff is not only as good as Dick's, but a lot nicer too.

I own a couple of Bud's cases and highly reccomend him. Nice guy, great work.

http://www.elegantleathersbybudshaul.com/elegant.htm

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947
30 March 2006, 06:50
ForrestB
Kenny Rowe and his son Cody came through for me. I wanted a high quality utilitarian double sheath for a folder and Leatherman tool. I talked with Cody and sent him the tools and a drawing of what I had in mind. He got right on it and delivered just what I wanted.

Thank you all for your input.

Rowe Leather

30 March 2006, 07:52
Charles_Helm
I'm glad you finally got what you wanted. I've thought about getting something for my Leatherman and Surefire, but then I think I should add my diamond rod and it starts getting unwieldy.

Yours looks quite nice.

-------------------------------

Some Pictures from Namibia

Some Pictures from Zimbabwe

An Elephant Story

05 April 2006, 14:41
gotogirl3
Glad I sent you in the right direction. You should have known that when it comes to "custom" and "leather" together a female will always know where to start!
18 April 2006, 03:18
ForrestB
gotogirl, next time we're together, I want to explore further your leather fetish.

Seriously, thanks for your help.