The Accurate Reloading Forums
Re: Puma steel?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/387104051

30 December 2004, 16:43
Fish30114
Re: Puma steel?
Andre, that knife is beautiful! you and your teammates did a great job. The sperm whale tooth is very cool!
Also the stone under the knife in the first photo is quite beautiful as well. What type is it?

Thanks for the nice photo's you always seem to have--that's a talent in and of itself.

PS--based on a thread a good while back and your recomendation I purchased a Sauer 202 rifle--Simply Love it.
07 December 2004, 13:22
D Hunter
Puma used to be considered one of the better steel for knives. Does puma still use good steel? Thanks.
11 December 2004, 02:46
JefferyDenmark
Gentlemen

I did not like tha handle on my white hunter so a new handle was made.
I might shape it a bit more.
Like you all I also like the blade but the handle did not fit my hand.
The tooth is from a moby dick

Cheers,

Andr�
10 January 2005, 22:59
Comet
Hey Jeffery:

Do you mind me asking how much it cost for the custom work on your knife? Also where did you get the tooth? It is really nice.
11 January 2005, 01:00
JefferyDenmark
The price for the work on the knife was around $ 140.
The tooth is not cheep and not easy to find. thumb

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

17 March 2005, 06:37
Boss Kongoni
]

The work seems very nice. I've used mine on several boar. I can not imagine hunting with a knife without a finger gaurd. That seemes more dangerous than the Boar Wink

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

19 March 2005, 19:56
BigBBear
I have a Puma Whitehunter as well. still original except has been used and sharpened as well. What is general opinion of blade steel and shape. For me, it is difficult to sharpen. If anyone on site would like to buy, make an offer and I can send photos, etc.

York, SC