The Accurate Reloading Forums
Japanese Made Condor Knives

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/2681004171

12 February 2012, 08:16
BuddyK-9
Japanese Made Condor Knives
Anyone with any information or one for sale?

Thanks,

Jeff in Yakima

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."
12 February 2012, 11:45
Gatogordo
All you ever wanted to know and then some.......Condor knife history

I'd watch for them on ebay. Shouldn't be a big problem if you're patient.

BTW totally unrelated to the current Imcasa owned Condor knife company or its products.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
12 February 2012, 15:45
ozhunter
About twenty years ago I just had to have one of these knifes. Ended up with one and then promptly sold it as I found it was terrible for field dressing use.
13 February 2012, 14:31
I have two of these, they are both about 25 years old now I'd guess.
The smaller one is the 84SSG, the larger one is an 80SSG.
Both are of the 'skinner' fixed blade configuration I guess you'd call it, with green micarta handle scales and stainless steel bolsters on both ends.
Condor USA stamped on the LH side of the blade and Seiki Japan on the other side.
Sheaths are a single folded piece of stiff grey/green ballistic nylon.
I find that they are pretty decent small game knives and hold an edge quite well for general use, no complaints.