The Accurate Reloading Forums
Michener

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4521043/m/7741014991

10 April 2014, 07:35
NormanConquest
Michener
Just got back into James after 30+ years. I was given 2 1st editions of Texas + Caribbean.It piqued my interest again. Have bought several more on Amazon. Almost finishing 'Hawaii' tonight ,then on to Alaska or Poland. A great thing in the easy chair at the end of the day.

Never mistake motion for action.
10 April 2014, 23:37
stradling
THE Covenant NEXT

300 years in Africa must read

love Michener read em all

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----
11 April 2014, 06:42
billrquimby
I agree! Every prolific author has a dud or two, but Mr.Michener's are few and far between. The Covenant is one of my favorites.

Bill Quimby
12 April 2014, 00:04
JTEX
I don't really know how I missed it but I just read the Source for the first time a couple of months ago.........I think it has to be one of his best by far.

I just loved Texas. Caribbean was very good also.....I didn't like Hawaii that much.....

Covenant was outstanding!

13 April 2014, 08:37
NormanConquest
JTEX, of course you liked "Texas" we all do,it should be required reading. Ha. I agree as to "The Covenant". That was very well done. I personally did not care for "The Source" that much. But that's why they make Ford's + Chevy's.

17 April 2014, 08:55
JTEX
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
JTEX, of course you liked "Texas" we all do,it should be required reading. Ha. I agree as to "The Covenant". That was very well done. I personally did not care for "The Source" that much. But that's why they make Ford's + Chevy's.

Yes Sir!

Thank GOd you didn't say Dodges...... Wink

/
15 May 2014, 04:56
MTGunner
Am nearly through Alaska. Has taken me to a place that I dearly enjoy visiting. Michener is a true adventurer for the mind. Enjoy. MTG
30 May 2014, 09:23
NormanConquest
Finished "Alaska" about 3 weeks ago + just finished "Mexico" tonight.Great after work relaxing reading.

31 May 2014, 09:58
NormanConquest
Started "The Novel" tonight.