The Accurate Reloading Forums
Any Nash Buckingham fans?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4521043/m/1211049552

20 December 2019, 17:33
tomahawker
Any Nash Buckingham fans?
Read the best of last year and want some more Nash. Any suggestions? Always loved bird hunting but he threw gunpowder on the fire.
21 December 2019, 04:58
Jefffive
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
Read the best of last year and want some more Nash. Any suggestions? Always loved bird hunting but he threw gunpowder on the fire.

I haven't read them but I just got in my Derrydale Limited Editions of "De Shootinest Gent'man And Other Tales", " Mark Right! Tales of Shooting & Fishing", "Ole Miss'" and "Blood Lines. Tales of Shooting & Fishing".

The later Putnam's and Derrydale editions are a LOT cheaper.

Compare this first edition to this reprint set.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump
21 December 2019, 07:05
LHeym500
I have some articles by him reprinted in my magazine collection. I think one is called King Mallard’s Court.

I like what I have read.
22 December 2019, 05:01
tomahawker
Gonna have to get the Gentmen.
22 December 2019, 06:57
squeezenhope
There are seven books in the Delta Arms set of Derrydale reprints. Some are better than others, but they are all worth a read. Also "Mr. Buck" is an autobiography, which fills in some gaps and was written late in Buckingham's life. I do not know what the Delta set sells for now, but it can usually be found on Abe and Ebay.
11 January 2020, 06:45
dgr416
His books are awesome also get the book called
The problem with Birddogs it's awesome about English setters .I read so much about English setters I went and
Bought two of them .I have had them for two decades now .
22 February 2020, 11:15
tysue
Go to Addallbooks.com, they have an out of print and ?? section. Go there and on the on line request sheet, put the author's name, then next line down and the name of the book. Lots of times there will be dozens listed cheaper than Amazon and such
24 February 2020, 08:32
NormanConquest
I have a copy of "De shootinest Gent'man" as well. Good reading + there have been several of his stories reprinted over the years in Sporting Classics mag.

Never mistake motion for action.
03 March 2020, 06:00
domit
there is a city park in Memphis with his name. it is in very bad condition and needs cleaning up. his bo-woop shotgun has been found and is now on display at DU.
03 March 2020, 18:04
tomahawker
Yes, what a story on Bo Whoop.