The Accurate Reloading Forums
Tristar O/U

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/7521077352

28 August 2019, 07:12
DCS Member
Tristar O/U
Has anyone had experience with one? I only have one 12 and it’s a dedicated turkey gun ( 870 with 30” barrel and extra full). All of my other shotguns are 20/28 upland and dove guns. I did shoot pigeons in Argentina with a camp 12 and it was amazing.

I might go duck hunting and this might be a good buy at $400 from GrabAGun. Other than tank jumping, I’ve only done two “real” duck hunts. I was shooting a 20 and knocked them down, but they were not out and caused hell for my lab.

I’d really like to find a 16, but they’re rare and then ammo isn’t cheap. Maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to buy another gun...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
28 August 2019, 11:10
LHeym500
I have shot 300 rounds through my friend’s tri star. They are alloy frame and very light. Swings fast. They look chunky, but are so light they swing fine.

I would not put a 3 inch any kind of load in one because they are so light even though they have 3 inch chambers.

He shoots it very well. He is a great shot. At business get togethers he out shoots the more well heeled. They want him and his tri star on the team. He only shoots 1 and 1 1/8 ounce 3 dram or less loads out of it.

The wood is got a glossy, shiny varnish over it.

The trigger is not great, but the man on the gun is most important. It is thingy, thin. I think I could bend it. At its price, you can not complain.
29 August 2019, 06:36
DCS Member
That good to know. I will also look at the other Turkish brand that seems exclusive to Academy, but the name escapes me now.

I looked it up and Yildiz.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
09 November 2019, 04:06
Bobster
Old thread but if you buy one make sure you acquire extra firing pins, FP springs, hammer springs, and sears before the warranty expires.