The Accurate Reloading Forums
Browning BSS-SIDELOCK

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/707107431

16 May 2004, 14:22
kutenaymtnboy
Browning BSS-SIDELOCK
I am not very knowledgable concerning shotguns, although I have owned a few. I currently have a Browning BSS-Sidelock, 20 ga. with 28" bbls. I have had this in the bacl of my gunsafe for over 10 yrs. and it is, in the box, unfired.

I know that these are fairly rare, but, I would be very interested in getting the opinions of the experienced double gunners on this forum as to the quality, value and so forth of this gun.
16 May 2004, 17:02
RSEK
The BSS sidelocks are nice guns. I have a 12 ga and it compares favorably to my English gameguns. The finish is not the same qality, but the weight and balance are similar.

I am not very fond of the boxlocks.

Let me know if you plan on parting with the gun.
17 May 2004, 10:37
kutenaymtnboy
I would not mind selling it as I do not expect to ever use it. I have two combo guns which I hunt deer and grouse with, so, this one is just sitting there. I would prefer to sell it here in Canada due to the problems of sending guns to the USA and I am not interested in trades as I have too many guns now.
17 May 2004, 22:58
dgr416
Dang I would use it .I sure love clascic double .They are ment to hunt.If you dont use your double 20 on birds its like buying a bird dog for a house pet.I would trade a couple of my guns for it.I love this Winchester Model 24 20 ga it the best sxs I ever had.
18 May 2004, 01:42
p dog shooter
I just checked a Gun list they have one in there 20 ga 28in 99% for 3700US. That is right in the ball park. I have a couple non sidelock BSS's they are good guns