Cabela's Fausti Stephano Albion 20 gauge O/U [pics added 1/1/8]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/222102787

31 December 2007, 04:18
333_OKH
Cabela's Fausti Stephano Albion 20 gauge O/U [pics added 1/1/8]
quote:

A Cabela's Exclusive- Fausti Albion O/U Game Gun, 20 Gauge

Well I purchased this before Christmas and recently got it. I love the little thing. Excellent balance and great triggers and it isn't to bad to look at either. The wood is nice quality and the stock fits well and hits where aimed even with my large frame. So far just a few California valley quail have fallen, but the weather has been bad. More to come.
02 January 2008, 02:37
333_OKH
I see a few have looked the pictures over. Just wanted to post a hunting picture of my petite Italian girl. She has done very well in the field. Below are the first 3 California valley quail I shot today. I ended the day with my limit of 10 by noon. No misses.

02 January 2008, 20:07
TheBigGuy
Very nice gun and an excellent field photo.
08 January 2008, 05:45
loud-n-boomer
Thanks for the report, I was looking at one in the Cabelas gun library in Reno last Monday, and wondered how they handled.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx
08 January 2008, 10:32
333_OKH
I am very pleased with it. I tried this weekend, but the snow fall down to 1000 feet stopped me on the mountain quail and the 2.5 inches of rain that day stopped me from hunting the river bar.

I am trying to think what I do not like on the gun other than I love Skeet 1&2 chokes and it came with neither , but a close cousin in the improved modified and cylinder.
12 January 2008, 09:16
yukon delta
I like the field photo. How would you compare this gun to other O/U's in that price range?

12 January 2008, 23:17
333_OKH
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
I like the field photo. How would you compare this gun to other O/U's in that price range?

Let me get a little more field time with it, but so far I think it was a very good buy. It is a lot better looking than a Ruger, and handles a little better, but most of my experience with the Ruger is in 12 gauge.

There is not comparison to Larona, and the Spanish guns.
17 January 2008, 04:08
billinthewild
If a guy has to shoot an over/under this one looks like a fine one. sofa

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt