The Accurate Reloading Forums
another problem - NICS issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4481012131/m/5451012852

21 March 2020, 05:18
Matt Norman
another problem - NICS issue
Ordered a suppressor 9 months ago from a gun shop in Salida, Colorado (300 mile roundtrip from where I live). Recently notified that the ATF paperwork arrived and I made plans to make the trip to pick the unit up. However, the shop advised me that I couldn't take it home with me due to the backlog of NICS checks. They explained that it's been taking up to three days so I'd have to come back to pick the unit up. Good news is my NICS check is good for up to 30 days so I have a decent size window for a return trip.
08 April 2020, 19:34
DuggaBoye
Is this a CO rule?
The 4473 plainly states in area 20 .

20. No NICS check was required because a background check was completed during the NFA approval process on the individual who will receive the NFA firearm(s), as reflected on the approved NFA application. (See Instructions for Question 20.)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI
10 April 2020, 03:05
impala#03
The FFL holder may not understand the rules.
11 April 2020, 12:07
Matt Norman
I got the suppressor. The stores lawyer had advised them to do it that way. The owner and employees eventually got the lawyer to stand down because of the #20 statement.

Doing a NICS check would have been no big deal (10 or 15 minutes) pre Covid 19 rush.
11 April 2020, 20:15
DuggaBoye
They need a new lawyer that can READ,
not just the 4473 ,
but the CFR with respect to this as well.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI
17 April 2020, 10:17
NormanConquest
INDEED! too many people getting paid for inept behavior. Matt, glad you got your can!

Never mistake motion for action.