The Accurate Reloading Forums
WTB 2 Bore or 4 Bore Cartridges

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4321043/m/616108679

28 November 2008, 20:05
724wd
WTB 2 Bore or 4 Bore Cartridges
I would like to buy something big for my dad's collection for Christmas. I have been in contact with Jay at 2-Bore.com, but am worried a bit about the time frame on new cartridges. I was hoping someone had some extra they wouldn't mind selling.

Thanks,
Heath

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
29 November 2008, 19:10
724wd
After talking with Jay at 2-Bore (Macifej) again, I have decided to wait for they next run of shells they produce. Jay has been great to deal with and I look forward to buying from him.

Still on the hunt for 4-Bores...

Heath

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
01 December 2008, 04:40
TSJ
724wd
you know, I just wasted 5 minuetes becasue of you!
I had to watch Jessica Alba do that dolphin swim on your avitar over and over!!
01 December 2008, 08:24
724wd
nice, isn't it? =)

NRA Life Member

01 December 2008, 16:59
TSJ
YUP!
I watched that movie not expecting much ... other than to watch Jessica in her bikini, but it wasnt half bad. I about wore the dvd player out watching the sene you have there, just mesmerizing to me. Wink
19 January 2009, 08:04
Macifej

19 January 2009, 09:05
drewhenrytnt
That 2 bore is incredible!! Is that drawn brass or turned?

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club
19 January 2009, 09:15
Macifej
A "machining" process on the 2-Bore case. Takes three pieces of equipment to make the case from CF barstock. The process is long and complicated but yields a better than drawn finish and better tolerances. Conventional deep drawing for a case this large requires a 120 ton plus press and production quantity we'll probably never see.
20 January 2009, 18:48
SAFARIKID
Great Shot glasses or Expresso Cups!Smiler I want mine soooon! Then the gun to fire them! Big Grin

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !
21 January 2009, 13:07
Macifej
On the way Tom...

24 January 2009, 20:53
Tyler Kemp
Pics not working on my CPU?

I WANT A 2 BORE SHELL!

Big Grin

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

24 January 2009, 20:54
Tyler Kemp
Nevermind, after loading my last message they magically work...WOW

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

25 January 2009, 13:49
big al3
When is the rifle coming?What type of action will it have?
03 February 2009, 11:23
Macifej
With 3500 Grain slugs for plinking or varminting or holding papers onto your desk...

05 February 2009, 00:44
724wd
Thank you everyone for helping me fulfill my christmas wishes. My dad was the happy recipient of a 4-bore loaded round and 2-bore blackpowder ball. just a few minutes ago, i received a 2-bore case from Macifej... and WOW! what a piece of hardware! rings like a bell and astounds all that see it! Thank you Jay!

heath

NRA Life Member

05 February 2009, 06:33
Macifej
Quite welcome Heath...that should beef up the fat end of your collection... thumb