The Accurate Reloading Forums
22 long and 22lr ?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4321043/m/130108762

18 May 2005, 00:15
Mark Holycross
22 long and 22lr ?
I am wondering about the value/collectiabilty of a couple boxes of ammo.

1) 22 Long Rifle
Airway hollow point rimfire cartridges
non-corrosive
GAMBLE STORES

Box is red, white and blue.

2) Rimfire Hi-Power Cartridges
Xcess speed lead lubricated
Federal Cart Corp
Minneapolis

Copyright on the box is 1929
Bos is Blue and white.

3) Western Super X 22long SX22L
29 gr lubaloy coated

Yellow and white box.

Thanks.
Mark Holycross
20 May 2005, 03:47
muzza
Go onto www.auctionarms.com or www.gunbroker.com and do a search for the individual packets . That will give you a current asking price on your packets .

As for collectability - find a guy who needs them and you have found their level of collectability as well .

Old enough to know better
21 May 2005, 23:32
Mark Holycross
Muzza,

Thanks for the ideas.
Just want to make sure I'm not wasting them if I shoot them.

Mark Holycross
22 May 2005, 20:47
Iconoclast
Mark, the first two are definitely collectible if the condition of the packaging is good (or better Wink ). I can't tell you much about the Gambles (not my field), but the proprietary loading (done by a major manufacturer on contract - often Federal) for various chains is always good for some money. The Federals typically bring $8 - $15 for a minty box, depending on the day they sell. The third one is not likely to bring a lot of premium unless it is some scarce address variation or something - but you've not provided enough data for someone to research this.
24 May 2005, 00:37
Mark Holycross
I'll see if I can take a couple of sigital pic's to show the quality of the boxes. I would consider them in excellent shape. Also what other information should be told to identify these boxes. Thanks.

Mark