New
Find
Notify
Tools

Communication
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So now we see here in the USA that our access to social media platforms are being cut off by big tech. If you are not a leftist your voice is getting silenced rapidly. The internet age has allowed us to speak to family and friends world wide easier than ever before but now is quickly being shut down.

I can see this happening soon with cellular phones. I would be pretty easy to shut towers down. Like many, I no longer have a land line in order to rein in costs and also stem the flow of telemarketers. Some of my friends are going to add CB radios. I know there are a lot of people with HAM. I may be relegated to smoke signals soon.

Comments?

~Ann

Posts: 16339 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
It have happened here in Sweden too the telephone wires are taken down so many just have a cellphone. The main problem are the powergrid if the power goes the cellphone net goes down in max 30 minutes. Right now we have a snowfall with a forecast of 20" wet sticky snow in 30 hours. Local rescue advices to prepare for a few days without electric power just in case.

Posts: 3508 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope you burn wood!

~Ann

Posts: 16339 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I have a wood stove with a water radiator system.

Posts: 3508 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok now the bad weather are over I have got 18" of snow during 36 hours I have still electrisity. The area have still 1600 houses without electrisity (48h) some of them may be out of power until after the weeekend(6 days) the temperature will fall to -20c. Some areas have got 24" of snow in 24 hours.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's some rough weather for sure. Hope everyone is safe.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed; stay safe!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 14909 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post