The Accurate Reloading Forums
South Dakota Roosters over Spaniels

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4121043/m/9941082652

05 January 2020, 19:15
skb
South Dakota Roosters over Spaniels
Man was it a wet year but we did OK anyway. Beyond thankful for the private ground I have access to. Counting the days until next year. The shotgun is a first year H&H self opener royal.

05 January 2020, 22:42
Charlie64

Super ! Springers and a Holland. More about the gun ? Year 1930s ? Chokes ? Engraving ?
Springers and a shotgun over the arm is sure hard to beat !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
06 January 2020, 00:11
tomahawker
Nice pics!
06 January 2020, 00:26
skb
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Super ! Springers and a Holland. More about the gun ? Year 1930s ? Chokes ? Engraving ?
Springers and a shotgun over the arm is sure hard to beat !

the self opening patent was granted in 1922 and my shotgun was built in 1923, original 29" barrels choked cyl and .014" or light modified. It carries standard Royal engraving with the slightest amount of case colors remaining and is housed in it's original leather trunk case. Some day I will black the barrels but they have never been touched.

09 February 2020, 16:30
subsailor74
Great pics - thanks! We had an equally successful hunt at Brown's in Gettysburg hunting over my French Brittany Spaniel. My gun was a pre-war (1911) Purdey, and the RST 1 1/16 oz loads of #5 really worked well on those wild SD roosters. Like you, I am booked again for 2020 and can't wait to get back to SD.With all the crops still standing late in the year, the birds have plenty of places to hide. If we have a decent Spring, 2020 pheasant hunting could be incredible.
20 June 2020, 19:47
hydehunter
this looks to be a good year I have been seeing lots of birds, but last week we got 5 inches of rain where I live west of Mitchell but still seeing birds,in fact had a rooster on my front porch last night my lab was going nuts and jumping birds going to the mail box almost daily across the road.good luck and lets hope Mother Nature gives us a break this year. Jim
31 July 2020, 03:33
juanpozzi
Just beautifull ,everything beautifull .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-