The Accurate Reloading Forums
Hope South America survives the Chinese virus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4121043/m/5581022952

02 May 2020, 03:31
drj
Hope South America survives the Chinese virus
Found out today that our trip to two different lodges in Argentina (consecutive weeks) for late June are cancelled as the Argentine government has suspended all international flights until at least September 1. Bad news: many great Argentine outfitters will suffer. Good news: it is likely many of the "borderline" outfitters will go under. Hopefully 2021 is better for all.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"
12 May 2020, 17:52
larryshores
Yup. Supposed to go in July. Cancelled .

I am told the lodges still have to pay their employees. That alone will put many down for the count.
12 May 2020, 22:03
drj
We were scheduled to go to two different lodges for pigeon shoots. The second one, a long established outfitter, has let us know that he is going to "take it on the chin" this year, as he cannot furlough/layoff/fire his employees without literally losing his business and having to start from scratch next year getting his government licenses, permits, etc., etc. That's the bad news. The good news-probably 50% or more of the "newer" outfitters who have diluted the hunting there will not be around. Larry is spot on, as usual.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"
13 May 2020, 07:10
DCS Member
quote:
Originally posted by drj:
The good news-probably 50% or more of the "newer" outfitters who have diluted the hunting there will not be around. Larry is spot on, as usual.

Good point.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
13 May 2020, 21:57
larryshores
Sadly, my July tickets were cancelled today. The good news is that I am getting a full refund for four business class tickets.
18 May 2020, 04:27
bradhe
I had two hunts in June canceled as well. I got the airfare and in town hotel back but will eat the hunt deposits.