The Accurate Reloading Forums
Muzzleloader scope suggestions?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3821043/m/5041089142

19 May 2018, 00:44
Brandon.Gleason
Muzzleloader scope suggestions?
Our SCI chapter is looking at western KY for whitetail hunting during muzzleloading season this year. I've a White 91 that I purchased from Doubless (RIP) on here years back and haven't shot yet. I'm thinking of putting a scope on it and seeing how it shoots. I've 50 slip-fit bullets that he molded for me, as well. I need a scope for it. What's everyone's suggestion? Would a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36 hold up? I've a spare in the safe.
19 May 2018, 15:14
larryshores
Brandon:

I have shot my muzzleloaders with Swarovski scopes for years. No problem.
20 May 2018, 21:37
Brandon.Gleason
Thanks, Larry. I was assuming it'd be an OK choice, just needed a bit of a push.

Hope all is well with you and Mary-Lynn.
21 May 2018, 10:32
Mark
Since you already have it I'd say go ahead and use it. Personally I prefer a 2X7 over a 3X9 if you were going to purchase something, but again I hunt in the woods where range is short and you don't have a lot of time usually so less magnification I find to be useful. I have a 1.5-6 on my ML now because I thought that 6X would be as handy as 7X when those situations arise where you have time to examine antlers, but at least with my eyes 7X works noticeably better than 6X when looking at details like that.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside