The Accurate Reloading Forums
The-Great-1800-era-Weltevreden-Black powder hunt

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3821043/m/1321051412

22 September 2015, 00:53
Gert Odendaal
The-Great-1800-era-Weltevreden-Black powder hunt
Good day members. As requested by a member on the forum here is a link to a black powder hunt we did in May 2015 this year. I searched the forum to see if I may already have posted this link , but it seems it was not uploaded...
Here is the link to an extremely memorable hunt..

1800 Era Black powder hunt at Weltevreden farm, Limpopo South Africa
22 September 2015, 07:37
TREE 'EM
Nice hunt. Thanks for sharing.

All We Know Is All We Are
22 September 2015, 13:46
Gert Odendaal
Thank you Tree` Em , we are currently busy to plan for the next hunt 2016. This time we will have a scotch car and oxen to collect the water, hunted animals ect. I plan to take a horse with for hunting purposes...
22 September 2015, 19:33
skb
Looks like a dream......I'm green with envy. Please take heaps of pictures of next years adventure.
22 September 2015, 19:37
Gert Odendaal
The whole hunt will be on a dvd ..we are taking a video camera man with...all activities will be specific...in detail discussions will be held on various subjects regarding the 1800 era hunting.
23 September 2015, 03:45
RichardAustin
Fantastic. Gert Odendaal, what inspired you, just the love of the classic safari?
23 September 2015, 13:15
Gert Odendaal
Good day to you Richard
What inspired me is the respect I have for the old ways when life was a struggle to survive from day to day ..our forefathers relied on their muzzle loaders to bring the meat home..the idea of everything had to be grown , build, made from their surroundings and they still had to survive nature ...much of the old ways is still relevant today...although we are living in a "user world" use and throw away..nothing is substantial or have quality today... to live along side nature in it`s purest form..that is inspiring...
23 September 2015, 21:48
RichardAustin
I'd have to say you are inspiring. I've become too soft. I really like what you're doing.
23 September 2015, 22:59
Gert Odendaal
Richard, thank you for the kind words, it really is much appreciated...at my age , live needs to be lived taking every day as it comes and searching for every small opportunity to acquire knowledge to live as if there will not be a tomorrow... I only wished I was this focused twenty years back... dancing tu2